Page 1220 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 22072011201170121012181219122012211222123012701320 ... LastLast
Results 12,191 to 12,200 of 13344

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    @Leanderthal You're killing it man! I'll be honest, I've used some of your posts for inspiration to many of the combos I've worn this past winter. Thank you for your contributions here.

I noticed you said you don't know what you'd talk about regarding a style blog, but a picture is worth a thousand words, and your pics say a lot; you could start out pretty general and take it from there. Another possibility would be image consulting. Just sayin'! Keep up the good work bud - your posts are inspiring.
    Thanks so much for the compliment, man! Really awesome that I could help to inspire you a little!

That is something to think about... I'll chew on it. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1462 Post(s)
    @Leanderthal I have to agree with the comments made by @iviustang50h. You could totally start a blog with all of your style knowledge and outfits/photos. Think of early days of the website The Style Blogger. Before Dan created his company, his blog was a REALLY good, REALLY great place for style inspiration. He would post his outfits and he would at time indicate how to shop for good deals on shoes, jackets, etc.

Seriously. If you have an inkling to get your own blog going, I think you could do it. I'd be happy to help with any technical questions you might have too. Anyway. Just my $0.05. Cheers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @Leanderthal I have to agree with the comments made by @iviustang50h. You could totally start a blog with all of your style knowledge and outfits/photos. Think of early days of the website The Style Blogger. Before Dan created his company, his blog was a REALLY good, REALLY great place for style inspiration. He would post his outfits and he would at time indicate how to shop for good deals on shoes, jackets, etc.

Seriously. If you have an inkling to get your own blog going, I think you could do it. I'd be happy to help with any technical questions you might have too. Anyway. Just my $0.05. Cheers.
    Thanks, Doc! I may just do it... thanks for the motivational feedback. I really appreciate it man. I would like to.. I would just have to find the time to make a plan.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

I guess the biggest thing that keeps me from starting one, is it seems like everyone and their mother runs a style blot, or inspiration blog. It just seems like the internet is sort of saturated with them

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    @Leanderthal
    Here's an example of a blogger who doesn't say all that much: http://brokeandbespoke.tumblr.com/
    Although, he hasn't really updated in a while.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    I think it would be hard to find anything better than middle-of-the-road success as a style blogger unless you can find a niche or gimmick or something that grabs a reader's attention and really distinguishes you from the crowd. IMO the hard but honest way to do that would be to provide really high quality, well-written, well-researched, topical, and relevant editorial content to go along with your images. But that would be a buttload of work and, moreover, I think it would be hard to generate that much editorial or informational content on a subject that is as (relatively) narrow as men's style.

I think if it's just the photos and not much other content, it would be hard for readers not to view your blog as more than a glorified Instagram account.

But I know literally nothing about running a blog or marketing or any of that shiz so I am probably the last person to listen to.
    Ben

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I think it would be hard to find anything better than middle-of-the-road success as a style blogger unless you can find a niche or gimmick or something that grabs a reader's attention and really distinguishes you from the crowd. IMO the hard but honest way to do that would be to provide really high quality, well-written, well-researched, topical, and relevant editorial content to go along with your images. But that would be a buttload of work and, moreover, I think it would be hard to generate that much editorial or informational content on a subject that is as (relatively) narrow as men's style.

I think if it's just the photos and not much other content, it would be hard for readers not to view your blog as more than a glorified Instagram account.

But I know literally nothing about running a blog or marketing or any of that shiz so I am probably the last person to listen to.
    That's basically a good portion of my feelings toward it. A lot of the middle of the road style bloggers, like Broke and Bespoke, have not updated their pages for a while because they've just turned their attention to IG instead. Without a good editorial, it is just a glorified IG account with a bit more personalization. But I dunno, it could be fun! Speaking of IG, if any of you fellas are out there come find me at @ollisleander!

Here's yesterday

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Sumer is icumen in

Bonobos jacket, S&M shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF linen trousers, AE Leidens
    Ben

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    Looking good gents. Some of these outfits would look great for the Derby this weekend. Are any of you planning on dressing up for the event? I usually go out on the town this weekend and people are usually dressed up in Kentucky Derby garb. There are always tons of girls with big hats on at least.