Page 1215 of 1319 FirstFirst ... 21571511151165120512131214121512161217122512651315 ... LastLast
Results 12,141 to 12,150 of 13190

Thread: WIWT

  1. #12141
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    754
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog nice! Good look. I wore my hat too today for Easter


    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

  2. #12142
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,245
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)
    Hat day!


    Hotel room selfie:



    Snow monkey selfie:


  3. #12143
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #12144
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,136
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    @arash799 the overall fit is great. I think the pattern of the shirt is too close to the pattern of the jacket in size and they class. Would prefer a plain or stripe shirt or small herringbone in light blue or cream with this look. In addition, with busy patterns overall (here jacket and shirt), I personally try to wear a plain tie to ground the overall look. This is where I think a navy (or midnight blue or dark red) repp/twill/faille or grenadine tie work best. Specifically, this look with a light blue herringbone shirt and a midnight blue or plain cream shirt with dark red tie, would be in a whole other category.

    @armedferret the colors/patterns work great. I think your jacket may be a tad too short, but I am not sure. It seems to be barely reaching the bottom of your crotch, and it allows for your tie to peak under the closed button. Just a thought, which I am also not that sure of given the single photo.

  5. #12145
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,245
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doomx View Post
    @arash799 the overall fit is great. I think the pattern of the shirt is too close to the pattern of the jacket in size and they class. Would prefer a plain or stripe shirt or small herringbone in light blue or cream with this look. In addition, with busy patterns overall (here jacket and shirt), I personally try to wear a plain tie to ground the overall look. This is where I think a navy (or midnight blue or dark red) repp/twill/faille or grenadine tie work best. Specifically, this look with a light blue herringbone shirt and a midnight blue or plain cream shirt with dark red tie, would be in a whole other category.

    @armedferret the colors/patterns work great. I think your jacket may be a tad too short, but I am not sure. It seems to be barely reaching the bottom of your crotch, and it allows for your tie to peak under the closed button. Just a thought, which I am also not that sure of given the single photo.
    Thanks! That combo is definitely getting saved for later. Just works really well.

    I think the tie peeking is more due to button stance; SuitSupply has a higher stance than "traditional" (but only slightly). That and my tie probably could have been tied a tiny bit shorter. Minor niggles though. I think between tge missus and myself we had a couple dozen compliments and many more ogles walking thru the park yesterday.

    Today we hit a museum and Crockett and Jones....

  6. #12146
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    754
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Monday morning sloppy trad

    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

  7. #12147
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    454 Post(s)
    As an observer of this thread I love the looks you guys pull together with some great pieces. One request? It seems that sometimes people post the items that make up the outfit but that seems to have died off a bit. As someone that is still trying to improve my understanding of brands and style I'd appreciate those details. Not a sermon just a thought

  8. #12148
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)


    Field Jacket: Ralph Lauren
    Polo: brooks brothers
    Chino: Hugo Boss
    Shoes: hand made that i picked up at a market in Iran


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #12149
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,059
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    323 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    As an observer of this thread I love the looks you guys pull together with some great pieces. One request? It seems that sometimes people post the items that make up the outfit but that seems to have died off a bit. As someone that is still trying to improve my understanding of brands and style I'd appreciate those details. Not a sermon just a thought
    Same. I don't know why the lack of details on the outfit pics started dying out but I wish it would come back.

  10. #12150
    Super Moderator hornsup84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,672
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    As an observer of this thread I love the looks you guys pull together with some great pieces. One request? It seems that sometimes people post the items that make up the outfit but that seems to have died off a bit. As someone that is still trying to improve my understanding of brands and style I'd appreciate those details. Not a sermon just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    Same. I don't know why the lack of details on the outfit pics started dying out but I wish it would come back.
    There's been plenty of debate back and forth on this from time to time. I'm with you guys, in that I find it helpful to know what I'm seeing, in case I want to check out the particular pieces. Others thought that it breeds a bit of showing off / competition that we (in the royal sense) are trying to avoid. I'd also note that it also is a bit of a hassle if you're posting a lot on here, so could also just be that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •