Page 1212 of 1327 FirstFirst ... 21271211121162120212101211121212131214122212621312 ... LastLast
Results 12,111 to 12,120 of 13261

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    One of S&M's new summer weight oxfords. They're fantastic, I highly recommend!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
    Jacket is awesome but couple of things I feel need to be checked, I feel either both sides of tie should be equal or the thinner side should not be longer, while wearing, I hope you got the point. Secondly tie shade is not contrasting right with this awesome jacket.
    Hope you wont mind I said it straightly.
    I think this is a more "sprezz" way and is done on purpose. Def not everyone's cup of tea though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    One of S&M's new summer weight oxfords. They're fantastic, I highly recommend!

Oh dang! Been busy looking at some of the new suiting options that I didn't even think about new shirts. I have a couple of their regular oxfords and love them. Looks like I'll be picking up a new shirt or two

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Oh dang! Been busy looking at some of the new suiting options that I didn't even think about new shirts. I have a couple of their regular oxfords and love them. Looks like I'll be picking up a new shirt or two
    Yeah, they're great. Super light and breathable. Sick collar roll. The new chambray is nice too.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Manscaper View Post
    I think this is a more "sprezz" way and is done on purpose. Def not everyone's cup of tea though.
    A lot of my ties end up this way (or even longer on the tail end) just because I am short-ish and prefer really small, four-in-hand knots. Doesn't really bug me and it's not usually very visible if I've got my jacket buttoned.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    I'm in the same boat, 5'7" and a tiny 14.5" neck leaves me with a bit of extra length with most ties unless I do a large knot. Typically I'll just tuck the skinny end into my shirt or hide it underneath my jacket or a sweater.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Yeah, they're great. Super light and breathable. Sick collar roll. The new chambray is nice too.

Damn you all... I have been doing SUCH a good job resisting buying new stuff from S&M.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog yeah, me to. But I broke down. I'll break down again once these linen button downs hit the shelves too.

TMann
    First time WIWT posting, so forgive the inexpensive cellphone photos. The outfit includes: Banana Republic grey cotton-blend blazer; Old Navy white OCBD; Lands End blue chinos; brown Stafford oxford boots; Tag Heuer on a mesh bracelet.

The blazer was an impulse purchase as it was a sale item that was just too inexpensive to pass up. After I received it in the mail, I realized two things:
    1. Functional sleeve buttons really are a royal pain-in-the-rear.
    2. Light grey isn't an easy color to match, especially when the material has a somewhat smooth finish.

My tailor told me that it would be too time-consuming (i.e. expensive) to try and fix the sleeves, so the blazer sat unused in my closet for several months while I tried to decide what to do with it. I eventually ended up taking the sleeve apart myself and hand-sewed the hem. Thankfully it turned out okay. The sleeve buttons are now 1" from the end, rather than the usual 1.5". The seams aren't perfect, but you can't tell when the buttons are done up. As for finding a suitable pair of pants to wear with it, the smooth finish of the material didn't look quite right with jeans, so I paired it with some dark blue chinos. I may still wear it with a pair of black jeans that I own, but I'll have to find a suitable shirt to complete the ensemble.

Last edited by TMann; April 10th, 2017 at 12:02 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1049 Post(s)
    @TMann - That is a solid fit and Dappered friendly!