Page 1203 of 1325 FirstFirst ... 20370311031153119312011202120312041205121312531303 ... LastLast
Results 12,021 to 12,030 of 13249

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Compagnia Della Pelle jacket from eBay, thrifted JCrew shirt, Naked and Famous denim

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post
    Pocket post??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apparently! Haha

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    Did a fancy thing last night. Have a fancy hangover today.

#lifewelllived

Tux, cummerbund, bow tie, & shirt from BB
    AE Park Aves
    Not visible but also wore cufflinks of the alamo flag (cannon with star and "come and take it")

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    In the 80s down here in Texas so it was time to accept that it's spring. Church is the only thing I get to regularly dress up for so I tried out some new stuff.

Linen Blazer: JCF
    Polo: JCF
    Belt: JCF
    Seersucker PS: Tie Bar
    Oxford Pants: ON
    Bucks: JCrew
    Watch (not shown): Orient Ray on leather NATO

What are y'all's thoughts on the length of these pants? The 32s had a full break while the 30s were just above the top of the shoe. I didn't want to tailor pants from Old Navy so I went with the 30s. Are short summer pants a super fashion-y thing? I thought they worked so I just went for it. Call 'em knickers* if you want but the breeze felt great.

*loose-fitting trousers gathered at the knee or calf (via Google)-trying to avoid the alternate definition here.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    pants look fine to me. Granted we don't have a straight-on shot or anything but as long as they don't look like you're going wading in the creek you should be fine.

side note, i have that blazer too. it's still fluctuating between 40 and 70 up here, so it's not really time for it yet, but it sure was nice last summer for weekends gallivantin around DC.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    In the market for some deep button polo - nice look.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    pants look fine to me. Granted we don't have a straight-on shot or anything but as long as they don't look like you're going wading in the creek you should be fine.

side note, i have that blazer too. it's still fluctuating between 40 and 70 up here, so it's not really time for it yet, but it sure was nice last summer for weekends gallivantin around DC.
    That's what I was thinking. They are warm weather pants after all. Also in regards to your WIWT post, I can't even see your cuff-links but the description alone made me jealous. Also just as a historical tidbit, I would say that the flag actually originated at the Battle of Gonzales (The "Lexington of Texas"), where Texan settlers defended a small cannon from being seized by 100 Mexican Cavalry.

@mooseontheloose Thanks man! The polo is one of the current "garment dyed" ones from JCF, they feel much sturdier than the jersey cotton ones and the collars hold up surprisingly well. I guess that'll decline over time/washes though. Hard to beat for around 15 bucks on a good sale.
    Last edited by Pelennor; March 26th, 2017 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelennor View Post
    I can't even see your cuff-links but the description alone made me jealous.
    You can get your own pair at the Alamo gift shop. That's where I got mine.

(honestly they're probably on amazon for less than the gift shop there charges, but since the $$ goes toward preservation efforts I don't mind spending the extra)

ETA: For nice polos, catch the BR luxe touch ones on sale. They've done a few 50% off codes here and there the past few months, so I always keep an open eye and snatch one or two up. They're actually pretty fair at full price, but when 40-50% off hits, they're a flat smokin deal. VERY comfy.

Here's my latest one a few days ago in the fitting room at BB while I was getting the tux (from the 70's end of the temp swings). My phone camera is atrocious. Sorry.

polo by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
    Last edited by armedferret; March 26th, 2017 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    In the market for some deep button polo - nice look.
    Depending what you're going for, Criquet out of Austin does some great retro-ish deep button polos. They also have removable collar stays so the collar doesn't get super floppy over time. Obviously a bit of a different price range than JCF, but figured I'd share.

https://www.criquetshirts.com/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Depending what you're going for, Criquet out of Austin does some great retro-ish deep button polos. They also have removable collar stays so the collar doesn't get super floppy over time. Obviously a bit of a different price range than JCF, but figured I'd share.

https://www.criquetshirts.com/
    Seen these before and totally forgot about them until you posted this. I need to try one out soon.