Page 1186 of 1314 FirstFirst ... 18668610861136117611841185118611871188119612361286 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,860 of 13133

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1983 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdalton View Post
    Very nice fabric with the blue textured too!

Any notable reason you like the brown gun check over the blue? Asking because I have been contemplating picking one of them up. Which would work better in a no-tie, more casual setting, or are the blue and brown equal in that regard?

Thanks Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since gun check is traditionally a rustic/country-oriented pattern and originally appeared in a gold/red/green/black colorway (giving the overall impression of a tan or taupe color), I just feel like brown looks a little more natural in this pattern than blue. Plus a brown sport coat is a nice alternative to have when most sport coats/blazers are blue.

In terms of versatility I think they are about equally versatile unless you need a jacket to pull true "blue blazer" duty, in which case I'm not sure a pattern like this would be the best choice anyway.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Since gun check is traditionally a rustic/country-oriented pattern and originally appeared in a gold/red/green/black colorway (giving the overall impression of a tan or taupe color), I just feel like brown looks a little more natural in this pattern than blue. Plus a brown sport coat is a nice alternative to have when most sport coats/blazers are blue.

In terms of versatility I think they are about equally versatile unless you need a jacket to pull true "blue blazer" duty, in which case I'm not sure a pattern like this would be the best choice anyway.
    Thanks, makes good sense. Looking forward to more pictures of the coat in future WIWT posts, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt Dalton

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Thank you for this tidbit. Had that exact thought to maybe use purchase the blue gun check to use as my blue blazer. I've been called 'captain' way more times than I'd like whenever the blue blazer comes out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagePree View Post
    I've been called 'captain' way more times than I'd like whenever the blue blazer comes out.
    Do you have brass/gold/metallic buttons on the blazer? Because if you do, that's why they call you captain (not that it's justified, but it would at least be teasing I could understand). If the blazer has more modern buttons... I don't know what to tell you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AngusM View Post
    Do you have brass/gold/metallic buttons on the blazer? Because if you do, that's why they call you captain (not that it's justified, but it would at least be teasing I could understand). If the blazer has more modern buttons... I don't know what to tell you.
    Actually, I really just wanted to change it up with a different blue pattern.
    And to answer your question, it isn't even a true deep navy blazer - it's a mid navy cotton/linen with dark brown buttons.
    I understand that it's just teasing in good fun but doesn't stop me from cringing though. Mostly nowadays, I just roll my eyes since these comments are coming from people who think wearing anything with a collar is 'dressing up'.

To be totally honest, I'd love to see what the reaction would be sporting a gun check blazer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    ...it isn't even a true deep navy blazer - it's a mid navy cotton/linen with dark brown buttons.
    I understand that it's just teasing in good fun but doesn't stop me from cringing though. Mostly nowadays, I just roll my eyes since these comments are coming from people who think wearing anything with a collar is 'dressing up'.
    Huh. That is perplexing. I think the eye roll is an appropriate response.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Quoted
    965 Post(s)
    Actually, I really just wanted to change it up with a different blue pattern.
    And to answer your question, it isn't even a true deep navy blazer - it's a mid navy cotton/linen with dark brown buttons.

To be totally honest, I'd love to see what the reaction would be sporting a gun check blazer.
    You seemingly roll in a different part of NYC than I do At least you get to be the best dressed more often than not, from the sounds of it! Whether it's at work (in terms of suits, sportcoats, ties, etc.) or casually (jeans, casual jackets, streetwear-styled stuff), my friends put a lot of time and effort in... keeps me on my toes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/NHro16l.jpg?2

Coat: Billy Reid
    Tie: Berg & Berg
    Shirt: Nordstrom
    Pants: Jcrew
    Watch: Christopher Ward
    Glasses: Ray Ban