Page 1172 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 17267210721122116211701171117211731174118212221272 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 13370

Thread: WIWT

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1092 Post(s)
    I got inspiration for this fit from a member on another board. Finally got a dress chambray shirt to pull this off.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    @JBarwick well done. Tie selection looks great the way you have it paired. Details on the jacket?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1092 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    @JBarwick well done. Tie selection looks great the way you have it paired. Details on the jacket?
    The jacket is from Bruce Field out of Paris. It is a fused jacket but made with Loro Piana Super 120s fabric and I got it for 99 euros while over there. Bruce Field is somehow able to source great fabrics and sell sport coats at a reasonable price though with some Euro fashion forward flair (thinner lapels, slightly cropped jackets). Once this wears out, I will figure out how to replace it with the same fabric but better construction.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    The jacket is from Bruce Field out of Paris. It is a fused jacket but made with Loro Piana Super 120s fabric and I got it for 99 euros while over there. Bruce Field is somehow able to source great fabrics and sell sport coats at a reasonable price though with some Euro fashion forward flair (thinner lapels, slightly cropped jackets). Once this wears out, I will figure out how to replace it with the same fabric but better construction.
    I'll have to take a picture of my recent MTM sportcoat, which is Loro Piana as well and looks very similar to that -- safe/sad to say I paid a lot more for mine, but it's something I've been looking to get for a while.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2102 Post(s)
    TFW you wear chinos because there's no way you'll be in court on the first day of your new job

And then you get a close-up on the news

Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1092 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I'll have to take a picture of my recent MTM sportcoat, which is Loro Piana as well and looks very similar to that -- safe/sad to say I paid a lot more for mine, but it's something I've been looking to get for a while.
    Yea, MTM is expensive. My tailor charges $1K+ and doesn't allow much variability in terms of style. This one has held up pretty well over the past year so I doubt I would need to upgrade for another 2-3 years depending on the job environment.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Yea, MTM is expensive. My tailor charges $1K+ and doesn't allow much variability in terms of style. This one has held up pretty well over the past year so I doubt I would need to upgrade for another 2-3 years depending on the job environment.
    Yeah, you seem to get some nice fits from OTR/tailoring, so not necessary to get MTM necessarily. I went overboard this year in terms of what suits/sportcoats I got, but I've also tried to be strategic in terms of what I've bought--so that none overlap a ton and each sees a good bit of use. Currently my suits aren't getting a ton of use, but when I wear suits it tends to come in clumps, so need a decent number to wear. I'm hoping to be even more selective in my adds in 2017... but we shall see, I do really enjoy new sportcoats...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. I've had my eyes peeled for something similar for a while but without any luck. Feel like I'm going to need to broaden my horizons to find what I'm looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Please do. Interested to see which direction you went with styling and how it turns out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    TFW you wear chinos because there's no way you'll be in court on the first day of your new job

And then you get a close-up on the news

Congrats on the brush with fame. Is that a Facebook live feed they played on the local news or what?

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post
    Congrats on the brush with fame. Is that a Facebook live feed they played on the local news or what?
    Yeah. Local paper did Facebook livestream or whatever. Arraignment of a homicide defendant. Friend of mine texted me about it while we were still doing the rest of the arraignments/bail hearings.
    Ben