Page 1121 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 12162110211071111111191120112111221123113111711221 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,210 of 13338

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    I've never been a big poster on here, but I definitely do feel like the thread has becalmed to an extent. My outfits have been ultra-casual or repetitive the past month or so, hence my personal post deficit, but I also haven't found a way to effectively deal with the lack of a full-length mirror at college. If any of the more experienced WIWT-goers/ photographers would like to weigh in on how to effectively self-photograph without a tall mirror, I would greatly appreciate it, and I imagine many lurkers on the thread would as well.

EDIT: Also, I would agree with the points regarding summer outfits. I've definitely been wearing a lot of the same t-shirts and polos recently, which just doesn't make the most exciting WIWT. There's a significant section of my closet which should be getting more play now that it's fall, going into winter.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Speaking of criticism, I don't have anything but "good job" for Hank, Scorpio or Dangerpenguin. Conner, when I'm home from work or on the weekends in the summer, I basically go for your look there. But you do it a lot better than me. I'm a fan of the OCBD with shorts.

Danger, that's a nice combination of a loose weave jacket, jeans and loafers. I rarely go tieless during the day, but I might venture out there if it stays this hot much longer. I'm roasting.

Hank, great jacket. How is it possibly that cold where you are?!?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    In the spirit of the discussion, here's my fall fit during the day. Featuring personal favorites from UNIQLO and Red Wing, and a CT shirt I don't wear as much as I maybe should.

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Hank, great jacket. How is it possibly that cold where you are?!?
    I'm in northern canada, fall is in full force here. won't be long now before I get to break out the wool coat and deerskin gloves

Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Rainy day

Jacket: Penfield
    Denim Shirt & Pants: J.Crew
    Boots: Alden

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    I vaguely remember people complaining about this idea in the past -- something about WIWT becoming a "pissing contest" for likes. But if I could like your comment, I would, because I agree with everything you've said about encouraging more posts and eliminating pointless comments.
    But would an environment that strokes one's ego be a necessarily bad thing? Nothing wrong with a little "friendly competition" to work on your fits. Obviously barring any vindication or otherwise bad vibes
    Last edited by The_Manscaper; September 22nd, 2016 at 11:51 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    @jharrisonbarrett Dig that jacket. These are the type of fits that I really appreciate because I wouldn't traditionally pair black jeans with a blue denim shirt and brown boots, but the jacket (in a color I wouldn't pick on my own) ends up pulling everything together really well. Great inspiration.

Apt 9 / J.Crew Club / Reef

Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Thanks @connersw! Much appreciated. I'm digging that green. Its my favorite color but I seldomly wear it. Been in a blue, grey, & black funk lately

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    @The_Manscaper I'm on your team here. Others made that comment when the subject was brought up sometime earlier this year.
    @connersw colors and fit look great, but just can't get over the flip flops. Personally think a pair of chucks, or similar, would go a long way here.

First day of fall, even though it doesn't feel like it. But who am I to not celebrate:

Edit to add: the lighting is a special kind of terrible in my office...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1453 Post(s)
    @connersw can't believe you're still in shorts. My short wear days are behind me for another 8 mos now...Nice use of green btw. Cheers.