Page 1113 of 1326 FirstFirst ... 11361310131063110311111112111311141115112311631213 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,130 of 13256

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    @doomx thanks! Yeah, like I just told JBarwick, they're about 15.75", so it's the camera positioning.

The JAB website had them for that price about 3 weeks ago, but when I added them to the cart they kept going up to $50. So I called CS and they adjusted the price for me, but after that they went back up on the website. So I got lucky. Should had gotten more.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    @doomx @JBarwick
    Here is a side shot of the trouser fit and it's taper. Not as aggressive as it looks from the side. Not a perfect fit, but i feel it's a marked improvement for me! Please excuse the end of day wrinkles.
    @CMAc7
    Here is a shot without the jacket for you, so you can see the rise.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    @Leanderthal those are just about perfect. I have become more partial to the higher rise over the last year or so. The Spier & MacKay Contemporary fit has been my go to, but at the price you got that JAB pair, they would definitely be worth a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    That's a great profile. I assume some SFers may pick at it but it is better than 95% out there!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    @CMAc7 thanks again. I really want to get my hands on some S&M trousers, that have some great fabrics and textures. I thought it would be wise to start with te JABs until I dialed in my fit, especially for the price. I got 2 wools, 1 wool/cashmere 1 cord, and 2 twills from them, all for less than $ 35 a pair. Quality is decent at that price point.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    That's a great profile. I assume some SFers may pick at it but it is better than 95% out there!
    @Leanderthal

^ This above all.

Now, to take this a step further, I think your own assessment is spot on. These are a bit tight at the hip, leading to a slight pocket flare. I can imagine that with movement, this will be a little more pronounced. Overall, still much better compared to your previous tries, and they look great. Enjoy them. Sizing up and tailoring more would overcome the hip issue. In addition, the same fit but pleated may also work quite well.
    Cheers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Thanks @doomx

I'm actually highly considering getting some pleats. I never thought I would, but recently I've seen a lot of great looks on men with builds similar to mine wearing high rise, cuffed, pleated trousers and it looks fantastic. Very elegant

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Thanks @doomx

I'm actually highly considering getting some pleats. I never thought I would, but recently I've seen a lot of great looks on men with builds similar to mine wearing high rise, cuffed, pleated trousers and it looks fantastic. Very elegant

I agree. Some high-rise, slim-fit single-forward-pleat cuffed trousers look awesome and I hope to find a good pair that don't break the bank.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    I agree. Some high-rise, slim-fit single-forward-pleat cuffed trousers look awesome and I hope to find a good pair that don't break the bank.
    This. Forward pleats do seem hard to find for a reasonable price though. Charles Tyrwhitt has them in their suit section for $200, prone to sales of course. I'm sure about the rise though. I've also read that Ralph Lauren offers them pretty standard on their Blue Label.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    This. Forward pleats do seem hard to find for a reasonable price though. Charles Tyrwhitt has them in their suit section for $200, prone to sales of course. I'm sure about the rise though. I've also read that Ralph Lauren offers them pretty standard on their Blue Label.

Spier & MacKay will make you a pair of custom trousers starting around $150. You can add whatever pleat orientation you want plus the obvious benefit of a custom fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk