Page 1111 of 1334 FirstFirst ... 11161110111061110111091110111111121113112111611211 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,110 of 13339

Thread: WIWT

  1. #11101
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    513
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    So the question to my mind @AsianDapper, is would you purchase from them again? And can you compare the quality to a SuSu suit?
    Obviously, I'm not @AsianDapper, but here is my take.

    I now have 4 S&M suits. Bought one, really, liked it, so I just bought 3-more during the last sale even though I didn't really need them. The only complaint I have is the sizing was a little different on each one. They are all Contemporary Fit, but you have to go into the Description tab to realize that some are Contemporary Fit, some are Contemporary Fit Model 2, and one is even Contemporary Fit Model 2.1. They should make that more obvious on their web page. Worse, the size chart lists them as having the same chest, shoulder, and waist measurements, but the Contemporary Fit Model 2 is definitely bigger. I will need to get it tailored while the others fit OTR. The Contemporary Fit seems to fit much slimmer, but even those two have some slight variation. The Contemporary Fit Model 2.1 which is suppose to have a softer shoulder is sort of an in between. It is the first one I bought, and it is my favorite.

    In comparison to SS, I would say build quality is better than the Blue Line Napoli I owned. I also prefer the fabric of the S&M over the Blue Line. I can not speak to the Purple Line. I do have some more textured jackets from SS that have better fabric than the S&M suits, but then I'm not sure we are comparing apples-to-apples since they are textured-blends. The big advantage for me in S&M over SS is the cut of the pants. I cannot wear SS pants because of the slim thighs and huge taper. I will still need to have all my S&M pants tailored to pinch the waist and maybe take up the crotch so I don't have droopy butt, but at least there is something to work with. The Contemporary has a slightly higher rise than I prefer, but is workable. The Slim has a better lower rise, but then the thighs would not work.

  2. #11102
    Dappered Veteran BB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Drrrty South
    Posts
    879
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    How are those Barney's ties? I was looking at that same one but was skeptical.
    Well, I like this one. It's the only Barney's tie that I own. It's raw silk, not shantung, so there is plenty of texture but no hugely pronounced slubby lines. The tie seems well made and it's definitely worth the thirty-something dollars I paid for it. I'm really not an expert on ties, but it's clearly better quality than the Knottery (at least a few years ago, I haven't bought anything from the recently). If you want a textured tie and like the colors, I'd recommend it.

  3. #11103
    Varsity Member AsianDapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    Obviously, I'm not @AsianDapper, but here is my take.

    I now have 4 S&M suits. Bought one, really, liked it, so I just bought 3-more during the last sale even though I didn't really need them. The only complaint I have is the sizing was a little different on each one. They are all Contemporary Fit, but you have to go into the Description tab to realize that some are Contemporary Fit, some are Contemporary Fit Model 2, and one is even Contemporary Fit Model 2.1. They should make that more obvious on their web page. Worse, the size chart lists them as having the same chest, shoulder, and waist measurements, but the Contemporary Fit Model 2 is definitely bigger. I will need to get it tailored while the others fit OTR. The Contemporary Fit seems to fit much slimmer, but even those two have some slight variation. The Contemporary Fit Model 2.1 which is suppose to have a softer shoulder is sort of an in between. It is the first one I bought, and it is my favorite.

    In comparison to SS, I would say build quality is better than the Blue Line Napoli I owned. I also prefer the fabric of the S&M over the Blue Line. I can not speak to the Purple Line. I do have some more textured jackets from SS that have better fabric than the S&M suits, but then I'm not sure we are comparing apples-to-apples since they are textured-blends. The big advantage for me in S&M over SS is the cut of the pants. I cannot wear SS pants because of the slim thighs and huge taper. I will still need to have all my S&M pants tailored to pinch the waist and maybe take up the crotch so I don't have droopy butt, but at least there is something to work with. The Contemporary has a slightly higher rise than I prefer, but is workable. The Slim has a better lower rise, but then the thighs would not work.
    I would say, looking at S&M and SuSu size charts, the thigh sizing of the trousers of the latter is what keeps me from trying to own one. 21" won't really cut it for me as even though I'm a small dude, I have 22" thighs.

    S&M is perfect having 24.5" of room.
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

  4. #11104
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    @AsianDapper What fit did you go with on your S&M suit? I have similar dimensions as you and I've been going back and forth between the slim and contemporary. Also, is yours really a 36R over a 36S?

  5. #11105
    Varsity Member AsianDapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    @AsianDapper What fit did you go with on your S&M suit? I have similar dimensions as you and I've been going back and forth between the slim and contemporary. Also, is yours really a 36R over a 36S?
    What I got is a 36R Slim as I don't really have any choice because that grey check suit was on clearance for a while now.

    I had the sleeves shortened and that's it. I really like the fit - hugs my waist properly without being too snug.

    But if I had the option, I would've definitely gone for the 36S as it has a shorter tail. I'm only 5'6" and 29" jackets looks a tad too long for me.

    28" would've been a sweet spot.
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

  6. #11106
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)
    Thanks @AsianDapper. I'm about an inch shorter than you so I'll definitely go for the 36S Slim.

  7. #11107
    Varsity Member AsianDapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Thanks @AsianDapper. I'm about an inch shorter than you so I'll definitely go for the 36S Slim.
    You betcha! Good luck with the purchase!

    Friday getup:


    Blazer, Shirt, Chinos: Gap
    Woven belt: BR
    PS: thrifted
    Chukkas: Merona
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

  8. #11108
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    506
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianDapper View Post
    You betcha! Good luck with the purchase!

    Friday getup:


    Blazer, Shirt, Chinos: Gap
    Woven belt: BR
    PS: thrifted
    Chukkas: Merona


    smart crafts of GAP
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

  9. #11109
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    475 Post(s)


    SuSu Lazio brown linen, CT light blue gingham, BB tie. Not pictured: AE bourbon daltons.

    Gordon Biersch, 9th & F in DC.

  10. #11110
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    800
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

    SS
    Spier & Mackay
    Knottery
    Bonobos
    SS
    Gagliardi ps

    Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •