Page 1055 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 555559551005104510531054105510561057106511051155 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,550 of 13297

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Highly recommend Berg & Berg as well. They have sales occasionally and that's when I usually stock up.

I have not, mainly because they're pretty pricey. At that price point I'd take a look at Sam Hober as well.
    Damn it I don't even wear ties for work why am I doing this to myself someone hold me back

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    What's the quality like on Chipp ties? How would you compare them to the quality of Tie Bar? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    I don't have anything from the TieBar, but for Chipp I have 2 grenadines, and they're my favorite ties. Waiting on the black to come back like @hornsup84.
    I don't have any TieBar, but Chipp grenadine is pretty great -- solid quality, doesn't feel like it'll fall apart easily, thicker build with a nice, slightly fatter knot than a lot of ties (even with smaller knots like a FIH). As I mentioned earlier, I find myself gravitating toward them more than my other ties with most looks (grenadine being a nice middle ground that works for casual looks as well as dressier looks).

EDIT: Just to add, Berg & Berg also has some nice ties for reasonable prices when on sale; a good place to find some nice patterns/stripes in a good size ~3in. I haven't tried their knit ties, so can't comment there.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by believe0101 View Post
    Just got Chipp grenadines for my wedding (navy colored). Good Lord, these weigh more than two TieBar ties put together. They're so well-made I'd consider tying them together into a fancy lasso (I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption, sorry).

Wine and Purple are next on my hitlist.
    Red Dead, great games -- had totally forgotten about them until you mentioned them.

I own the wine, it's phenomenal. Just ordered a bunch this morning: purple (not lilac), brown, slate blue, and rust... just want to add black to finish it out.
    Last edited by hornsup84; May 6th, 2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Speeeelling

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Read Dead, great games -- had totally forgotten about them until you mentioned them.

I own the wine, it's phenomenal. Just ordered a bunch this morning: purple (not lilac), brown, slate blue, and rust... just want to add black to finish it out.
    does Chipp ever have sales?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha King View Post
    does Chipp ever have sales?
    I haven't seen one, but I also haven't subscribed to emails, etc.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Red Dead, great games -- had totally forgotten about them until you mentioned them.

Christmas in May!!! Do you wear ties for work, or just wanted to round out your collection?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Christmas in May!!! Do you wear ties for work, or just wanted to round out your collection?
    Dress code doesn't officially require it, but I wear ties up to 4 times a week. Office is 'business professional' so I don't need a tie technically (min is dress slacks and a buttondown), but most partners wear a suit and tie a majority of the time--a holdover from 5+ years ago when we were business attire all the time--and unofficially they like seeing us associates in the same. I've been doing nice sportcoats and slacks more often lately, which works for when I don't have any in-person client meetings.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Dress code doesn't officially require it, but I wear ties up to 4 times a week. Office is 'business professional' so I don't need a tie technically (min is dress slacks and a buttondown), but most partners wear a suit and tie a majority of the time--a holdover from 5+ years ago when we were business attire all the time--and unofficially they like seeing us associates in the same. I've been doing nice sportcoats and slacks more often lately, which works for when I don't have any in-person client meetings.
    Neat. I work in higher ed, so dress code is all over the place. I like a jacket when it's chilly, but now that I've finally invested in some warm-weather sportcoats I think I can wear them year-round too.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I have to say TTB ties that I have tie a reliably great knot but some of the fabrics lack depth which is understandable. I have a chipp grenadine (custom at 3.5 in) and really like it, but it's hard to get a nice knot out of it. I would like another grenadine in wine, but I will probably try hober when it's time, since I am a fun of 3.3+ ties and that's my only option really. I can possibly get another custom chipp but I am not impressed with the knot so far.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Neat. I work in higher ed, so dress code is all over the place. I like a jacket when it's chilly, but now that I've finally invested in some warm-weather sportcoats I think I can wear them year-round too.
    The dress code is pretty neat in that I can wear a lot of variation between the more casual chinos and a buttondown (on Fridays at most, or if I've worked so much I don't care) up through a sharp suit and tie combo. As I get more senior / closer to being put up for partner, I'm going to wear more and more suits and ties, but still nice to have some options!