Page 1054 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 545549541004104410521053105410551056106411041154 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,540 of 13346

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Ouch..At that price, even on sale, I'd rather just go Chipp Neckwear. At <$40, it's a no brainer, but for some reason, $56 for a Lands End tie seems a bit pricey.

http://www.chippneckwear.com/chocolate-grenadine-tie/
    What's the quality like on Chipp ties? How would you compare them to the quality of Tie Bar? Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    What's the quality like on Chipp ties? How would you compare them to the quality of Tie Bar? Thanks.
    I don't have anything from the TieBar, but for Chipp I have 2 grenadines, and they're my favorite ties. Waiting on the black to come back like @hornsup84.
    Last edited by devastitis; May 6th, 2016 at 02:47 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    I totally agree. I was just implying with one of LE's 30-40% off on top. I paid $38.67 for it. I got a forest green repp for about $10 also to put me over the free shipping yhreshold. They aren't the greatest ties, but the grenadine is very nice for the price.
    Aw dang, the email code says off regular priced styles, and doesn't work on the grenadines since they are already discounted.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Just got Chipp grenadines for my wedding (navy colored). Good Lord, these weigh more than two TieBar ties put together. They're so well-made I'd consider tying them together into a fancy lasso (I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption, sorry).

Wine and Purple are next on my hitlist.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Aw dang, the email code says off regular priced styles, and doesn't work on the grenadines since they are already discounted.
    That's a bummer. They ran an extra 30% off everything last week. They'll do it again soon. They always do.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by believe0101 View Post
    Just got Chipp grenadines for my wedding (navy colored). Good Lord, these weigh more than two TieBar ties put together. They're so well-made I'd consider tying them together into a fancy lasso (I've been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption, sorry).

Wine and Purple are next on my hitlist.
    I have the Navy and Wine. Great ties. Next are Black and Brown.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    That's a bummer. They ran an extra 30% off everything last week. They'll do it again soon. They always do.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Hopefully. I'll just wait until either the LE sale or Chipp to restock. Not in a hurry, just would like to have a black grenadine over my black knit.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)
    Excellent info. Thanks gents! Been looking for better quality ties than what TTB is offering but wasn't sure where to look. Cheers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    I have the Navy and Wine. Great ties. Next are Black and Brown.
    Have you tried out Kent Wang's grenadines by any chance? Someone suggested them to me but I went with Chipp because it's slightly cheaper and a finer weave. Now that I'm looking at some more grenadines though, a couple appear to be fine-weave (e.g. purple) while others appear to be loose weave (e.g. this burgundy or this burgundy/black).

I'd love to branch out to compare the two, but for $75 that's a pricey experiment lol.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Excellent info. Thanks gents! Been looking for better quality ties than what TTB is offering but wasn't sure where to look. Cheers.
    Highly recommend Berg & Berg as well. They have sales occasionally and that's when I usually stock up.

Quote Originally Posted by believe0101 View Post
    Have you tried out Kent Wang's grenadines by any chance? Someone suggested them to me but I went with Chipp because it's slightly cheaper and a finer weave. Now that I'm looking at some more grenadines though, a couple appear to be fine-weave (e.g. purple) while others appear to be loose weave (e.g. this burgundy or this burgundy/black).

I'd love to branch out to compare the two, but for $75 that's a pricey experiment lol.
    I have not, mainly because they're pretty pricey. At that price point I'd take a look at Sam Hober as well.