Page 1053 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 535539531003104310511052105310541055106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,530 of 13341

Thread: WIWT

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @Pepetito

Glad there's at least one other out there!
    @hornsup84

It looks incredible in your pictures; if that's not doing it justice I can't imagine it irl. As for alternate ties, it might be a bit too monochrome for your taste, but I think it would look excellent with a grenadine like the one below and a standard light blue dress shirt.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @Pepetito

Glad there's at least one other out there!

@hornsup84

It looks incredible in your pictures; if that's not doing it justice I can't imagine it irl. As for alternate ties, it might be a bit too monochrome for your taste, but I think it would look excellent with a grenadine like the one below and a standard light blue dress shirt.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post
    I'm wearing a navy suit (not glen plaid sadly) with white shirt and the rust grenadine from Chipp and dark brown AEs. That and my chocolate brown grenafaux from TTB are my favorite simple looks when I want to not be super formal, but still need to go to court. Hunter green, too, perhaps?
    Good call on a true green, agree the grenadines being a great every day look, I've been wearing my wine color Chipp a ton with nearly every suit I have. Leaning toward less is more with the solid grenadine ties being a calling card for me at work.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminado View Post
    @hornsup84

Thanks man. That does seem like a lot of blue to me, but I could see doing a white shirt and a lighter blue tie, whether a royal blue like you show or maybe a slate or powder blue even. Good ideas!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Finally breaking out this navy glen plaid suit I got a little while back. Hard to capture in pictures but rather nice in real life. I realized I don't really have many ties that go with it really well, other than burgundy, particularly that are solids and don't mesh poorly with the pattern. May grab a chocolate brown or orange/rust color grenadine tie to change things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man, great look on that suit. Is that the same NY tailor where you got the last one?

Just an fyi, Land's End has a chocolate grenadine on sale right now. Retails at $100, but with the sale price and 30% off I just picked it up for <$40. It says 3" but it's actually about a cm short or so, so a little on the narrow side. Still a great tie for the price though!
    http://www.landsend.com/products/men...97?sku_0=::BRO

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Man, great look on that suit. Is that the same NY tailor where you got the last one?

Just an fyi, Land's End has a chocolate grenadine on sale right now. Retails at $100, but with the sale price and 30% off I just picked it up for <$40. It says 3" but it's actually about a cm short or so, so a little on the narrow side. Still a great tie for the price though!
    Ouch..At that price, even on sale, I'd rather just go Chipp Neckwear. At <$40, it's a no brainer, but for some reason, $56 for a Lands End tie seems a bit pricey.

http://www.chippneckwear.com/chocolate-grenadine-tie/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Ouch..At that price, even on sale, I'd rather just go Chipp Neckwear. At <$40, it's a no brainer, but for some reason, $56 for a Lands End tie seems a bit pricey.

http://www.chippneckwear.com/chocolate-grenadine-tie/
    I totally agree. I was just implying with one of LE's 30-40% off on top. I paid $38.67 for it. I got a forest green repp for about $10 also to put me over the free shipping yhreshold. They aren't the greatest ties, but the grenadine is very nice for the price.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    I totally agree. I was just implying with one of LE's 30-40% off on top. I paid $38.67 for it. I got a forest green repp for about $10 also to put me over the free shipping yhreshold. They aren't the greatest ties, but the grenadine is very nice for the price.
    Ah, my bad. Didn't read it correctly. Thought you meant it was $56 after the 30%, not 30% off on top. Just checked their website again, and they have 40% off with email sign up. Might cop both brown and black if it works. Thanks for the heads up!

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

Appreciate the heads up, but I prefer a little more width as I'm a bit wider of a frame, so Chipps work about perfect for me! I only wish they'd get a restock of their black grenadine at some point...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminado View Post
    Also, here's a gratuitous close-up on the CT shirt fabric for anyone interested:
    Just for your own edification as you start to expand/experiment/improve your wardrobe, this type of fabric is called donegal (named after a particular type of tweed that comes from County Donegal, Ireland).