Page 1052 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 525529521002104210501051105210531054106211021152 ... LastLast
Results 10,511 to 10,520 of 13370

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

WIWT

Finally breaking out this navy glen plaid suit I got a little while back. Hard to capture in pictures but rather nice in real life. I realized I don't really have many ties that go with it really well, other than burgundy, particularly that are solids and don't mesh poorly with the pattern. May grab a chocolate brown or orange/rust color grenadine tie to change things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hornsup84; May 5th, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
    How are you liking Aldo? I've been real tempted by several of their models recently.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I have 3 Aldo shoes - this, a pebbled leather dress boot and a Mr. B tan wingtip boots.
    I find their quality good for the price I pay, as I usually get them on sale.
    Most Aldo shoes are made in china, but I always look out for the ones that are still made in Portugal.
    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Varsity Member jharrisonbarrett's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianDapper View Post
    I have 3 Aldo shoes - this, a pebbled leather dress boot and a Mr. B tan wingtip boots.
    I find their quality good for the price I pay, as I usually get them on sale.
    Most Aldo shoes are made in china, but I always look out for the ones that are still made in Portugal.
    Good to know. I've got some time before the wedding so I'll try and catch a pair on sale then

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Slightly more formal WIWT today. It's chilly today so I can get away with a sweater.

Mock neck: American Eagle (thrifted and just a little bit too big)
    Shirt: CT slim fit Herringbone Fleck. I'm a little disappointed in their revamped slim, but I can't complain too much considering that I got it for $19 (off of $110. This fabric is crazy awesome).
    Tie: Stafford. I know paisley's not 'in', but I dig it. I have one in purple and grey as well.
    Pants: Levi's 513 in tumbled rigid.
    Shoes: The almighty Dr. Martens.

Thoughts, as always, are appreciated.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminado View Post
    Lots of different levels of formality here. Was there a certain reason you dressed this way today?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @CJMichaelRay

To be honest, part of the reason is that at my current stage of life, I don't have a dress code and I can experiment with different levels of formality without being too dressed down or inappropriately dressed up. In this particular case, though, it's because I had a 'mini-graduation' from the school district's vocational school, and I had a couple job applications to check up on.
    Duncan

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    To be honest, part of the reason is that at my current stage of life, I don't have a dress code and I can experiment with different levels of formality without being too dressed down or inappropriately dressed up. In this particular case, though, it's because I had a 'mini-graduation' from the school district's vocational school, and I had a couple job applications to check up on.
    Gotcha. The jeans are a little too dressed down for me if that's the case. If you're checking up on applications, you wanna tell your future employers that you can be dressed appropriately for the job, so some less-casual pants would have been a better selection.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @CJMichaelRay

That's totally a fair assessment. In this case, the employers are two outdoors retailers, a rock climbing gym, and a hipster coffee place, all of which have a 'jeans and t-shirt' dress code, so I was going for the 'one step above' rule of thumb, which seemed appropriate here. Beyond that, my father was the one that got me started on dressing well, but he only really wears sweaters, dress shirts without ties, and jeans to work, so anything beyond that I've only recently started to experiment with. I've heard pretty good things about the LE flannel trousers, which are currently on sale in my size, so I'm hoping to pick up a pair of those in the near future.

Also, here's a gratuitous close-up on the CT shirt fabric for anyone interested:
    Duncan

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Slightly more formal WIWT today. It's chilly today so I can get away with a sweater.

Mock neck: American Eagle (thrifted and just a little bit too big)
    Shirt: CT slim fit Herringbone Fleck. I'm a little disappointed in their revamped slim, but I can't complain too much considering that I got it for $19 (off of $110. This fabric is crazy awesome).
    Tie: Stafford. I know paisley's not 'in', but I dig it. I have one in purple and grey as well.
    Pants: Levi's 513 in tumbled rigid.
    Shoes: The almighty Dr. Martens.

Big fan of paisley ties

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Finally breaking out this navy glen plaid suit I got a little while back. Hard to capture in pictures but rather nice in real life. I realized I don't really have many ties that go with it really well, other than burgundy, particularly that are solids and don't mesh poorly with the pattern. May grab a chocolate brown or orange/rust color grenadine tie to change things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm wearing a navy suit (not glen plaid sadly) with white shirt and the rust grenadine from Chipp and dark brown AEs. That and my chocolate brown grenafaux from TTB are my favorite simple looks when I want to not be super formal, but still need to go to court. Hunter green, too, perhaps?