Page 1044 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 44544944994103410421043104410451046105410941144 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 13343

Thread: WIWT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post

SuitSupply Washington
    Spier & Mackay shirt
    SuitSupply Tie
    Tie Bar Pocket Square
    Orient Bambino
    Cole Haan shoes
    Amazingly, your suit matches the carpet.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
    99% of the time I really like you're style, but, personally, I just can't do the dark suit in a smoother weave with anything but a white or very pale blue spread collar shirt. To me, it looks like casual fighting with formal with oxford button down.

I hope everything goes okay at the service.
    I agree here, and also just a plain white pocket square and black necktie if you have one. If you don't have a plain white square, it's best to go without. A memorial service isn't the kinda place where you wanna flex your style on plebs. It looks like the Napoli fits great though!
    Thanks for the comments. The deceased is my grandma - she lived a long, joyous life and was ready to go when she did. She remained active up until nearly the end, but her health has been steadily declining for a couple years so we (her family) were also pretty prepared when things took a turn for the worse. We want this memorial to be more a celebration of her life and not so much a somber, grieving affair - hence the springy gingham pocket square. I was actually tempted to go with a light-colored linen sportcoat and off-white trousers, but opted for a more standard dark suit because my dad only owns a black suit and my brother only owns a black sportcoat. The light blue shirt and gingham PS were my attempts to lighten things up, which I think my grandma would have wanted.

The tie features the name and crest of my alma mater, which was also where my grandma did part of her undergrad, so it was the obvious tie choice for me.

As to the collar, I am simply not a big adherent of spread collars, and not real committed to the "no button-down collars on dress shirts" school. For the record, this isn't an OCBD - just a dress shirt with a button-down collar.
    Ben

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    P.S. It was a weird week for me - neither my dad nor my brother have the slightest interest in style, neither of them owned a tie, and my brother didn't even own a dress shirt or dress shoes. I bought them some nice grenadine ties, helped my brother find a shirt, advised on appropriate shoes (nice cowboy boots>combat boots). One of the rare instances I've been asked to dispense style advice IRL.
    Ben

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    P.S. It was a weird week for me - neither my dad nor my brother have the slightest interest in style, neither of them owned a tie, and my brother didn't even own a dress shirt or dress shoes. I bought them some nice grenadine ties, helped my brother find a shirt, advised on appropriate shoes (nice cowboy boots>combat boots). One of the rare instances I've been asked to dispense style advice IRL.
    A weird time for sure, I went through something similar (but not as dire from a style perspective) not too long ago -- sorry for your loss.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    WIWT from Wednesday. Went to Vancouver for a whirlwind business trip and wanted to wear denim the second day so I threw together this outfit.

http://imgur.com/rnUO2Jf

I was worried the blue sport coat would clash too much with the denim, but it actually didn't turn it out too badly.

- Sportcoat: J.Crew
    - Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
    - Denim: SOSO
    - Shoes: SuSu
    - Wach: Casio

Also, can anyone tell me how to create inline images so you don't have to click through links?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Casual for a driving night.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Manscaper View Post
    WIWT from Wednesday. Went to Vancouver for a whirlwind business trip and wanted to wear denim the second day so I threw together this outfit.

I was worried the blue sport coat would clash too much with the denim, but it actually didn't turn it out too badly.

Also, can anyone tell me how to create inline images so you don't have to click through links?
    If you put [img] then the link then [/img] it will work. If you have an app like tapatalk, you can just insert a picture from the app. I use tapatalk to post pictures, otherwise I mostly browse on a laptop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Is this the caspian blue Italian cotton sportcoat?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)

That denim has a very flat color, almost looks like selvedge chinos and with it being so even in color, and it could be the lighting, but it almost looks like you were trying to be too matchy with the pants & jacket. Loving the SuitSupply double-monks with it!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    That denim has a very flat color, almost looks like selvedge chinos and with it being so even in color, and it could be the lighting, but it almost looks like you were trying to be too matchy with the pants & jacket. Loving the SuitSupply double-monks with it!
    Seconded. Those double-monks are striking.