Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay Footwear Listings

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

KC - in my opinion, I'd go with new if it's $200 vs. $70. They'll last longer, and will mold to your foot better than an old pair.

That said, I'm not a big fan of the cliftons. I've tried them on and they have a weird rounded submarine kind of shape to them that I don't really like. Hard to describe, but they just feel awkward to me when looking at them from above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Interesting. Thanks zero - Would you say the shoes aren't angled the way you like from above? So the roundedness makes it look weird? Like so:

http://www.anauthentic.com/ebay/111111IMG_0265.jpg

The Cliftons appealed to me because of the walnut color and its relatively simple style. I figure it's a good starting shoe that I could wear with more formal slacks or some dark denim. But I'm definitely open to other options if there's something similar to this.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

KC, ya it's something about how rounded they are both on the top and on the sides.

Try a pair on at Nordstroms or an AE store and you'll see what I mean. It might not bother you, but they felt weird to me.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Hey guys, I just got my AE Park Avenues in the mail today that I won on Ebay last weekend for $172 including shipping. I'm happy with the fit, but they contain some wear/damage that was not described in the Ebay listing. Specifically, the right heel looks like it's unglued from the footbed/whatever it's called. Here's a picture of what I'm describing.

What I'd like to know is: How bad is this, and how much would it cost to repair? Also, do you think it's worth trying to get a refund on this purchase due to damage and returning it? Or maybe just getting a discount worth the cost of repair?

pic:
    Code:
    img
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3713/p1020023s.jpg
    Code:
    /img

pic 2:
    Code:
    img
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3347/p1020031ur.jpg
    Code:
    /img

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)

I honestly don't know a ton about shoe construction - maybe it's a minor issue. I would take them to a shoe repair shop as soon as possible and ask for an opinion on the damage, and an estimate for what repairs would cost. If it's a difficult fix or expensive, I would contact the seller. If you used eBay/PayPal, you should be able to return for a refund if the item differs substantially from the description and pictures.

If the seller isn't cooperative, you can open a dispute on PayPal, but remember that once a dispute has been "resolved" it cannot be reopened again, so you've got to stick to your guns until you get what you want from the seller. If you get the shoe repair person's opinion in writing, that might be helpful to you during a PayPal dispute. And from what I've seen, PayPal sides with buyers 99% of the time, even when it's relatively clear they're being disingenuous.

On the other hand, if the shoe repair person thinks it's a minor issue, it's probably not worth the effort and I would suck it up and pay to have them repaired.

Ben

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Just an update, I took the shoes to a really reputable shoe repair place in the city and got an estimate for $20 + tax as the cost of repairs. The store manager emailed me the quote, and I forwarded that along w/ the pics of the heel damage to the Ebay seller (Hitch-n-Post) and they responded this morning apologizing for the problem and refunding me $30 (more than cost + tax!) for the inconvenience and repairs! The shoe repair person said it's not a bad issue and they'll take off the heels, glue them back on and nail through to make sure they stay on. I won't be able to get them recrafted at AE if I do this, but these guys say they offer recrafting for $69 so I think I'll be okay.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

I knocked the price on my 9 C sheltons down: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120839401311

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

If you have a smaller foot (size 7-8) there's a LOT of really nice shoes available here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Mens-Shoes-/93427/i.html?_catref=1&_ssn=sartoriale&_trksid=p3911.c0. m1538

Not cheap, but cheap for the quality

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

These could be a good deal for somebody; I'm considering jumping on the bidding train, but they might be a little small.

Also, the inside has a logo I haven't seen from AE before. Is this just a really old shoe?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-ALLEN-E...item4cfd6c0330

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)