Page 111 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1218

Thread: eBay Footwear Listings

  1. #1101
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Did they respond to the $50, other than just flat declining it? Jeez, if someone did that to me not only I wouldn't respond, I'd probably block them from bidding, figuring they'd flake out on paying anyway. Just saying ...
    Mr. Sensitive over here. Nothing wrong with some bargaining. The worst someone could do is reject it. I wouldn't be insulted if someone lowballed me. It's part of the negotiating process.

  2. #1102
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,575
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    133 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    Did they respond to the $50, other than just flat declining it? Jeez, if someone did that to me not only I wouldn't respond, I'd probably block them from bidding, figuring they'd flake out on paying anyway. Just saying ...
    x2. I'm all for negotating, but knocking 33% off your offer that was already half of his asking price is pretty low move. If you even consider doing something like that in the future, I'd make sure to leave a message with the offer, explaining the change in your circumstances between offers.

  3. #1103
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,605
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeylikesit View Post
    Mr. Sensitive over here. Nothing wrong with some bargaining. The worst someone could do is reject it. I wouldn't be insulted if someone lowballed me. It's part of the negotiating process.
    I'm with Fred. I'd block them too if they came back a 2nd time with an even lower offer.

  4. #1104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I'm with Fred. I'd block them too if they came back a 2nd time with an even lower offer.
    x3. I think as someone mentioned above, a written explanation would at least give your rationale for what could be considered a rude offer. As the seller, I most definitely would not have countered your second, even more so lowball offer. It just seems like you were really trying to nickel and dime the seller.

  5. #1105
    Dappered Veteran alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Well as I said... It was the only offer I could make, in light of changing events... The other option would have been not to make an offer. And in hindsight, perhaps that would have been the better approach. I basically pulled the second negotiation so as not to waste his time any further.

  6. #1106
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Well as I said... It was the only offer I could make, in light of changing events... The other option would have been not to make an offer. And in hindsight, perhaps that would have been the better approach. I basically pulled the second negotiation so as not to waste his time any further.
    If you really still want the boots, but are holding firm at $50, watch the auction and wait a few weeks. Assuming the boots did not sell and the auction is still up, the seller will potentially be more motivated to sell at your desired price point. Additionally, you have the benefit of time between your first two offers, so your third offer of $50 would not come off as rude (at least, in my humble opinion).

  7. #1107
    Varsity Member zcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    1,670
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    anyone size 11.5 B? these AE Sanfords (?)are going cheap!

  8. #1108
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    eBay cordovan question. These new Leeds, albeit damaged/repaired at the heel, were on eBay. They ended up going for $158. Since these are $650 new directly from Allen Edmonds, did these sell for less than fair value?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111288596362...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

  9. #1109
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)
    that looks like calf to me. it looks to porous to be shell. but even if it was shell, i wouldn't want them with that damage.

  10. #1110
    Varsity Member Siepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Yeah, that doesn't have the expected puckering at the lacing holes that shell usually has.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •