Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite sneakers

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

What do people tend to lean to for casual weekend shoes? I get bored with my All Stars, Flyers, Purcells, etc.

I have worn the Onitsuka Tiger's that Joe posted today for years, and really enjoy those shoes.

Any sweet kicks to share?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm surprised that none of those shoes are loafers!!

Classic brown sperry top-siders and burgundy Bass Dovers are my two favorite laid back shoes. The Dovers especially because they're fresh to death.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Definitely good picks. I suppose I should clarify. I'm 24, lean toward a younger wardrobe on the weekend (glen plaid shorts and a fitted polo like a Mossimo one from Target). I love my boat shoes and things of that sort. I'm talking suuuper casual (e.g., the Onitsuka Tigers). Cool suede Nikes or something of the sort.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I find that with all the different colorways to the standards (chucks and pf flyers) I find it hard to get bored... but I do like the look of these bucketfeet shoes bonobos just added to their lineup. http://www.bucketfeet.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My spring court g2's are my fishing shoes (white, don't hold water if I get rained on, and are apparently machine washable, though I haven't tried yet) and my supergas are my chill shoes that go with shorts and an ocbd; also have some adidas azzie lo sneakers that are a little more athletic-shoe-looking than the others that I wear with a polo or anything more sporty.

All are white; I have the g2's in navy, but haven't worn them...they were $20 at local jcrew, so I got whatever was available in my size.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

i'm partial to gola, myself. expensive at full retail, but can be found for much, much cheaper. solid construction, trim lines, and a thin sole (i'm not a big fan of thick rubber soles - too much bulk).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I change my casual kicks depending on the season. I picked up a pair of these (http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoe...Boat+Shoes.jsp) in khaki around Memorial Day that I've been pretty happy with so fat this summer, and for less than $20, you really can't go wrong. I love 'em sockless with dark jeans and a white poplin button down.

Labor Day to Memorial Day, Adidas Samba Millenniums (http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Mens-Sa.../dp/B000QYOFFG) are my go-to shoes. Basically the same as the classic Samba, that's been around long enough to be retro-classic, but replaces the extra-long plastic tongue that's a genuine soccer detail with a more manageable standard leather tongue.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I tend to go with Lacoste sneakers. I really like the simple, classic style to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

kinda have a thing for sneakers, I rotate between, diesel nostalgia, diesel take, adidas jerez, gola chase, ferrari pumas and leather ryan rowe shoes (which to be honest make me look like i have clown feet so i dont wear them much) .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a Formula 1 fan and a guy who has been in an out of the SCCA over the past 6 years, awesome call on the motorsport-inspired sneakers, Omar. I may have to go pick up a pair or two...