Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August Wedding - Style Advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay, update. I may be going with black leather. Just won a pair of black AE Strattons (look a lot like the Strand, but with smooth edges at all the seams) on ebay for $40 and change after shipping. I kinda sorta forgot I was watching that auction, and with 5 minutes left, nobody had even met the starting bid of $30. Now I'm not sure if the wife will let me spend $200 on a pair of shoes after just buying another. Maybe I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a killer deal on a brown pair in the thrift stores and on ebay. That being said, it ups the formality of the outfit up a tick from what I was imagining, but I'm sure I can make the look work with either color leather. Gives me a little more room for artistic license on the tie and pocket square.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those shoes are fire, and for that price is pretty ridiculous. You can def wear those shoes to the wedding, if need be. You'll never hear me say stop looking for a great pair of brown shoes, especially if you can get them for the price of those Strattons. I just bought a pair of Walnut Strands on ebay for $130. Needless to say i'm pretty ecstatic about that.

What are you thinking of doing for in terms of color/pattern for shirting? Also, you can wear a solid color knit tie if you don't want to do stripes or dots. The texture of the tie alone will make it stand out.