Page 52 of 274 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrifting

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Park Aves are now up on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120839562110

@Salo, if you think they might work for you, I can take them off and send them your way.

@Tony, I see amazing stuff at Marshalls a lot, but it really does depend on the store. You might have stumbled upon one of the good ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Jon, I might take a chance. How much would you sell them for with shipping? Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Salo, The shoes are already up on ebay. I'd much rather deal with someone on this thread than ebay for a number of reasons, but I suffer from an extreme lack of anything resembling patience.

Here's the link if you want to bid: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120839562110...84.m1555.l2649

Next time I find 11 E or EEE shoes, you'll be the first to know. If I get them from Goodwill, I could usually send them your way for $25-$30 shipped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No problem Jon. Let me know if the auction doesn't work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had a pretty epic day today. Walked in the store and immediately spotted a peach stripe RLPL button down shirt in size small, fits me perfect. Had a good feeling from that point on, and walked back to the sport coat section and found a copper RL Rugby cord SC in size small and a black PRL cord SC in the same size laying over some racks. There were 5 empty hangers nearby so I can only imagine what the other 3 were that would've fit me perfectly as well. Then I started to browse the suits and found a Canali blazer in navy in my size (a slim EU48) with all if the pockets sewn shut. It needs some waist surpression but other then that, gold. I also found a made in Italy Armani A Milano-Borgohuovo 21 peak lapel blazer in navy in EU48 that fits me well enough to wear out and not worry about destroying anything. It's a 95/5 wool/spandex blend and stretches like a rubberband, which I'm not to into, but for 5$, it was hard to pass up. Wish I would've got there earlier but I was on an all night bender in Reno all weekend, which really inhibited my thriftin style. Solid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man awesome finds ZachL! I've never had such luck in the thrift stores where I'm at. Anyone know any good places in Orange County California?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

@ZachL nice! I still haven't found anything RLPL or anything Canali other than shirts.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Nice finds, Zach. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

@Alan, still interested in the BB sportcoat? I'm going to be listing things on eBay this week and I didn't want to list it if you wanted it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I'm going to have to pass. I just don't want to risk a poor fit since I'm not on hand to try it on. Thanks, though.