Page 60 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrifting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I've hit a cold streak too recently. Probably also due to the fact that I'm being more selective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Ran across 8 each of white Thomas Pink shirts in 15.5/36; pristine condition with pick stitching and two-button rounded barrel cuffs. Material felt like broadcloth and either no-iron or light starch (they have been dry-cleaned, tags are still on).

Also saw a Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit, alternating striped shirt in 16.5/35. <a>Looks similar to this.</a>

If you want me to pick them up for you, let me ASAP before someone else grabs them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

@Glen: The shoes were there, and I picked them up. Let me know if you want them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Found two identical Harris Tweed Sports Coats today. No other brand on them aside from Harris Tweed. They are in pristine condition and seem unworn. Also have no size indication except for "R.46" inside the right pocket. They don't fit like a 46 b/c they are only slightly too big on me and I wear a 39R usually. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a nice Thomas Pink in my size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Measure them up (like this: http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/T...easurement.htm) and I'll tell you what size they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Jason. The first one seems to be around a 42. The second one is maybe a size bigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@jonATL - Could you do $30? Anything you're looking for? I prefer to trade over purely cash transactions, but I'm open to either.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

$30 shipped sounds good.

I'm looking for a black/brown captoe in your size, 15.5x32 slim fit shirts (everything from dress white to crazy); have anything in a 40-short blazer?

If nothing else, I could use the money to offset my thrifting purchases.

Let me take some pics of the shoes quickly so you can make sure that's what you want.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

These are great shoes, but they will need a bit of polish. Here are pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7171611...7628959922721/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This thread, and the community here in general never cease to amaze me. Not only are the finds far better than any I have ever had, the generosity to spread the good luck is just plain awesome.