Page 51 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrifting

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Lucky for me, raincoat style hasn't seemed to change much... ever. :-)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

@BenR:

I'm familiar with Harrod's reputation. That's what tipped me off in the first place. I just don't know anything about this particular raincoat, and I suspect that it's now too old to learn more. I suspect even a "discount" Aquascutum would be good so I suppose it was less of a complaint and more of an observation that it was sold at Harrod's.

However, it shows I would never be able to sell it for enough to replace it with something newer, and this one (despite its age) is likely higher quality than a newer one, anyways. So I'm keeping it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

@Alan, well, if you're interested in the BB let me know... Or if you are looking for anything else. I've got a camelhair SC and a chino blazer that both fit me that I'm probably going to get rid of because yellow-based colors just don't look good on me.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm not sure why you would want a newer one anyway. Clothing really isn't made like it used to be. I wouldn't trade my "vintage" (pre-2000) Burberry trench for a new one even if you paid me.

Ben

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Just for kicks, what do you want for the BB?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Jason, did you ever sell or decide to keep either of those Scottish wool ties? Im more interested in the green and blue one. How much shipped if its still around?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

How about $30 shipped? Email me at jcarreira @ gmail . com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Is there any interest in the 11E Park Avenues seen here (first two pics) or, for that matter, the 9C Sheltons? http://www.flickr.com/photos/71716117@N07/ Both are old-school Allen Edmonds, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually need some black dress shoes and was looking at the Park Avenues. I wear an 11EEE in the Strands. So close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Not exactly thrift, but I was browsing at Marshalls when I came across a Brooks Brothers Madison Saxxon navy herringbone suit. 36R/W30 for $250. My initial reaction was "nice, it's in my size!" followed by "what the heck is Brooks Brothers doing at a Marshalls? Their outlets are too full?!" I was tempted to buy it, but I was planning on three-piece and grey for my next suit purchase. If anyone is interested, let me know fast so I can run and get it before someone else picks it up.

On the same vein, the reason why I was at Marshalls was I am looking for a small Brunella Gori V-neck merino wool sweater in burgundy or camel/khaki, which I've only been able to find at TJ Maxx/Marshalls. If any of you are near any TJ Maxx/Marshalls and find this sweater, I'll gladly pay cost, shipping, and finder's fee because so far, I've had no luck in the west suburbs of Chicago.

Also, if anyone runs across a Harris Tweed or Donegal Mist tweed sportcoat in 36R, I'm interested...