Page 4 of 274 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrifting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice finds. Aks, I'm not into wearing clothes with logos but I'd sport that Apeture Labs track jacket. Sweet find.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

@JC, man where do you live...those are awesome finds!

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

First time I went to this place... I've been striking out on shirts and shoes everywhere else. I was pretty excited, but they do seem to know what the good stuff is... The shirts were marked at $20 but they were having a 25% off sale so I got them for $15. The shoes were marked at $8 but somehow rang up as $5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a Goodwill store opening up on Oct 12th that's only 5 minutes from home. I'm going to be there the morning it opens to hopefully find some steals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Went thrifting for the 4th time this month. Still can't find good shoes that fit. There are 3 pairs of Allen Edmonds casual shoes that are a size too big at my local Goodwill. Dammit. I did find a Brooks Brothers navy blazer.

Thing is, I find a ton of stuff that I know is good and that some of you would enjoy. I still debate whether or not I should buy it and then post it if anyone wants it. Would anybody be interested in doing some sort of thrifting exchange?

That being said, if you need a tweed jacket, I just bought 3 to add to my collection of 4. It is tweed galore at my local thrifts right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Tweed? Yes please! What size are the AE's? We should set up swaps so we can pick up stuff for others out of our size. Me, I'm a 40-42r coat (depends on the cut) and a 10e to 10.5d shoe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn, @JC. I live in Salinas, CA, and you would do well to thrift here. Most of the nice jackets I find are 42R and the Allen Edmonds (and Bass Weejuns and Ferragamos) are 10.5 and 11. Sadly, I am a 38S-40S and 9.5D-10C. Will try and post pics if I go tomorrow. Warning: I am inexperienced with snail mail and html. Just good at shopping

BTW, how do I post pictures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Just put the pic up somewhere like picasaweb or wherever, then put a link here. I don't think there's a way to inline the pics.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

I think Glen is on to something. A thrift exchange, sounds sick...I live in Boston and if you guys live in other parts of the country, maybe we should start something here, cuz i would def be interested in those shoes Glen mentioned as thats my size...lol

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Haha! Get in line!

Yeah, a thrift exchange would be great. I know they have that at Styleforum but I don't know how to get in on it.