Using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wpaulkelley View Post
    What color pants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olive, navy, chocolate brown, dark khaki, burgundy if you are daring. Think autumn palette, but nothing close to the same color as the jacket.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)
    @evanparker by request:

Burberry overcoat ebay e-thrifted for $100.

s-l1600 by carlitoscohones, on Flickr

more - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmbSWeW3

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)
    that thing is AMAZING

TMann
    Here in Seattle, the weather is still cold, but will be warming up a lot over the next couple of months. I've noticed that there is always a lot of outerwear that shows up in thrift shops during these months.

This week, I picked up an dark green army-style field jacket and a full-length navy wool overcoat. The overcoat is an older style and has braided leather buttons (not my thing) and epaulets (again, not my thing.) Both of these are easily fixable and will soon changed.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)
    in consecutive thrift trips i found these....

Quite nearly both my size. I already have some Black Wingtips that fit me awesome and are more my style anyways, and I don't really wear, so I just sent these straight to ebay.

The first one is a set of England made Peal & Co. for Brooks Brothers Captoe balmorals. The leather is absolutley soft and amazing! They were worn one time, and never ever worn again. The second is a set of Allen Edmonds in the Black Shell cordovan color. These had been re-heeled once, but never resoled. I think I might have paid $10 for one and $15 for the other. I've already sold the peals on ebay for <$120, and the AE's might sell for $140-$180 Friday. Pretty good finds! They will seed some other thrift investments in the months to come.

as far as me finding good items to ebay, this might be the best back to back set of finds i've had in quite a while.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Those AEs are shell tho

Found two nice things that fit for the first time in a bit:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonATL View Post
    Those AEs are shell tho

Found two nice things that fit for the first time in a bit:

Amazing how well you thrift and resell. I have bad luck selling on eBay. I need to sell off some of my closet full of blazers, and I dread knowing that I’m going to get hosed on eBay.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)
    The trick with ebay is, just as you've said, a lot of things just don't sell for good amounts of money.

If you were going to hunt for and sell things for even meager amounts of profit, you need to just have some sort of encyclopedic memory for what items might actually get. Tons of stuff that is very very nice quality rarely gets a good ebay return.

It's a lot more, for buyers of the last five years, what has a middle of the road name brand on it, and what is popular at this very second.

If you look for any sort of even slightly obscure handmade sportcoat or suit brand on ebay, fancy fabric, USA made, shit goes SUPER cheap. Probably cheaper than something kinda OK quality from lower level Brooks Brothers lines.

If you were at a thrift, trying to figure out weather to buy the blue BB blazer or the Oxxford blazer you just found would get you more money, it would almost always be the former.

A used crappy pair of current allen edmonds will often beat out an immaculate set of spotless topline USA Florsheims.

It's a very weird place.

Even just sizes, WIDE shoes always get a severe price penalty put on them, when anything 9D-12D will usually do just fine.

You can make this work to your advantage though, when you're buying these items. I have a lot of ebay alters for wierd stuff, and sometimes they email me something amazing came up on ebay i need to purchase ;-)
    Last edited by evanparker; January 17th, 2018 at 12:22 PM.