Page 224 of 274 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2731

Thread: Thrifting

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Went to a consignment shop today and came across a J Crew field mechanic jacket for $42. Too bad I'm not really into that style of jacket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hey! I'm new to Dappered Threads, but I've been on StyFo for a while, if there are any cross posters around. Couple new items today:

Contact me about gently used high end menswear and consignment.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    yesterday I picked up a J Crew red chambray shirt, an Old Navy flannel and a Banana Republic OCBD. An odd thing about consignment shops is that all of the BR stuff was marked up at stupid prices, especially sweaters. I saw several merino wool v-necks with price tags of $28 to $32. I guess the sellers have a weird idea of worth when it comes to this sorta thing. my J Crew chambray was only $7 at the consignment shop.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I have been wanting a wool topcoat, but had not been wanting to spend real money on a topcoat. Enter the Goodwill. H&M, 80/20 wool/nylon, acetate lining, dark charcoal, brand new, the pockets were still sewn shut, and even my size (38R), all for 14.99. Not a bad deal in my book, to test drive a new (personal) style this fall/winter. (Pic is just over a polo)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Best thrift find by far today! I was in a crappy thrift shop at the end of the strip mall where my daughters ballet class is, killing 30 minutes or so during her class. I cruised the through the men's section, and was about to head for the door, when I walked to the back instead. There was a table set up with some junky sneakers and one pretty dusty pair of cap toe balmorals. I saw the pinking on the tongue, picked one up, and saw the Alden logo on the insole. They were my size (9 b/d), and aside from the dust, in PERFECT condition. I cleaned them up, and even though they aren't shell, they still glow with almost a mirror shine.

Price tag: $10.00

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orthoguy View Post
    Best thrift find by far today! I was in a crappy thrift shop at the end of the strip mall where my daughters ballet class is, killing 30 minutes or so during her class. I cruised the through the men's section, and was about to head for the door, when I walked to the back instead. There was a table set up with some junky sneakers and one pretty dusty pair of cap toe balmorals. I saw the pinking on the tongue, picked one up, and saw the Alden logo on the insole. They were my size (9 b/d), and aside from the dust, in PERFECT condition. I cleaned them up, and even though they aren't shell, they still glow with almost a mirror shine.

Price tag: $10.00
    Pics or it didn't happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Yeah, it sounds like b.s. But I will post a few pics tomorrow. Not sure yet if I am going to hold on to them or sell them to help take the sting out of a larger purchase that I would wear more frequently, like a pair of chromexcel Indy boots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    And here are some pics:
    http://imgur.com/5fnc9ua
    http://imgur.com/z0ySxyr
    http://imgur.com/UXV1Tbc

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koala-t-menswear View Post
    Hey! I'm new to Dappered Threads, but I've been on StyFo for a while, if there are any cross posters around. Couple new items today:

I just lurk over on SF, but I think I follow you on eBay. Hahaha.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Pretty recent Zegna flannel suit in a 54 L and these guys: