Page 102 of 274 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2731

Thread: Thrifting

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Stopped at Salvation Army today and found another navy blazer that rivals the one from last week in fit but not fabric. I'll give it a shot. Also found a pair of Gap pants in my size. I remember owning a pair just like them or thinking about buying them back when they were in stores...in Holiday '08, according to the tag. It was $8 total, so I think the store's pricing was reasonable. They had some too big London Fog trench coats for $20, but most of their coats were $20.

Tried an inner city thrift store, Value Village, with no real luck. Some potential, but I wasn't in a position to try on stuff. Still happiest with the Goodwill store, but I need to keep trying more. All in all, a very positive start to thrifting for me.

Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2035 Post(s)

You've caught the addiction... good luck fighting it. ;-)

Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These past 2 weekends I have picked up some Timeberland pants for work as well as a pair of PRL corduroys and a pair of PRL chinos. The best pick up was a pair of nice Daniel Cremieux that will be perfect for summer time. I'm just starting out with this whole thrifting thing but am enjoying it so far.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Who wants these pants? I was going to donate them, but if you pay shipping, I'll send them your way.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@JonATL, I'll take those pants. Send me an email to my username @gmail.com with your paypal addy and how much to ship it and I'll paypal it you.

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

@BenR - Yeah...it's too late now. =D

Seems easier to get a girl to go along with you for a thrifting day versus any other store.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

The first time I brought home a couple thrifted items, my wife seemed a little upset... but mostly because I didn't take her with me. We're supposed to have a thrifting date (at her request), but it never happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My gf will go along grudgingly and she's REALLY good at spotting quality, but she has wool and dust allergies so she's not really keen on going. Oh, and she gets upset that there's bags of clothes taking over the house and my side of the closet is annexing more and more space...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Picked up an Armani Collezioni Navy pinstripe. I think it's probably a 46R, if anybody here wears that size.

Zanella black trousers (only one pleat!) in a 38.

I'll be definitely going back to that Goodwill when I have more time because it looked like it had a lot of good stuff.

Anyone here wear a 42 L? There's a Hugo Boss Corleone winter-weight SC from Barney's.