Thread: Board Shorts (Trunks) when to wear them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never read a clear a answer on this so im going to ask you guys. Is it okay to wear BOard shorts when your not on the beach/pool? Nothing formal just a hot day out at a park, Mini-golf, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting question. I try not to make hard and fast rules, but in general it is of my opinion that it looks silly. Board shorts are made for swimming and if you are at the mall, you aren't going swimming. That being said, if I were spending the day at the beach and went to play mini golf during the day, I might not change. If I lived in a beach/surf town I might think differently, but in inland Michigan, when I see someone in board shorts I wonder who they are trying to kid. Just not my taste, but as always, to each their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I have worn board shorts to work out in, but I won't ever again as street wear. I wore a pair of board shorts around town on my honeymoon. When I returned to our place at the end of the day I jumped straight in the pool, forgetting my wallet was in the pocket of my swimming shorts. Now I keep my swim wear and land wear completely separate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll echo Andrew and say, don't do it just to do it.

However, if you're using them and go somewhere else, or are going somewhere first and then using them.

It's fine, just don't make a big deal out of it.

I got back from the reservoir (Coralville Res, Iowa) yesterday and then went to a bar for lunch, sat on the patio. *shrug* then went home and changed.