Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Threads Feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like it so far, but can there be a way to make it easier to find what you need, or to easily find what people are talking about? For instance, I'll stop by once a day for a few minutes, is there a way I can be like "oh people are interested in this. I'll give it a look." Also, if it were integrated into the main site, it'd be nice. For instance, maybe include the top five (in your opinion or statistically) discussions from the past week in your weekly roundups. Otherwise, I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a big fan of the minimalist forum as far as lack of Quote section (per user, with above mentioned witty quotes). I think that can sometimes take away from the forum itself.

However, I do like the idea of being able to see post number and being able to give people +1 or what not.

Avatars seems like a good idea, so long as they're kept small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll second Jared's response. Dappered's users have proven a sense of maturity from the comments section of the main articles. I'm sure the freedom for a little personalization won't be abused.

Much props on the overall simplicity as well, I love the fact that I can browse at work and not look like I'm completely wasting my company's time! :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A quote button would be great. I know I can copy/paste and add in some markup to quote, but it is much more intuitive/easy to just click quote and have it done automatically. Also support for img tags would be huge and cut down on the need for outside links.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Picture by name?

How's it done?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For the pictures by your name, use Gravatar: http://en.gravatar.com/

Get an account using the email address you used to register here. Or use FB Connect, and it's automatic.

After you sign up it takes up to an hour to bubble across the interwebs and show up here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

when are we going to start the what are you wearing section?

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
    I>0<I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First of all, great job and thanks for setting this up! Agree with the simplistic format, at least at this point where discussion and numbers of users has remained relatively low. A couple things that may help with organization, especially as the board gets bigger and accumulates posts: When adding a new post - either make the Forum selection box higher/more prominent or force the user to select one. Additionally, perhaps giving examples of tags would encourage their use: Tags (comma separated, eg. shoes, advice, watches) Many new posts are simply in the clothing forum by default (that are clearly deals or accessories) with no tags. Encouraging or highlighting ways to organize will help it thrive and aid in avoiding rehashing the same topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One more quick aside, just noticed separated is spelled wrong below. I'm constantly making that mistake, so I noticed it. Keep up the good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'New' tags! You know--on threads with new posts/new threads, a little indication that there's something you haven't seen before.