Thread: Looking for a classic cotton tee, with stretch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Looking for a classic cotton tee, with stretch

It has suddenly become a challenge to find a classic white tee -- in cotton, with the enhancement of a few percent of Lycra or Spandex or such for stretch.

BR and Gap, which are my go-to brands for this sort of thing, are carrying only solid cotton now. Jockey sounds like it might have an answer, but some of the reviews complain that the neck of the tee does not have stretch and quickly starts to sag.

I prefer to pay no more than $20 for a tee and a couple of years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of paying that much.

BTW, I am not talking about a tee to be worn strictly as underwear (which is usually a thinner fabric), but one that I can wear in public without feeling that everybody can see through my shirt.

Or should I go merino? Three times the price, but the one I have is comfortable and looks nice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I'm a pretty big fan of Mack Weldon. You pay more but, to me, it's worth the price.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    662 Post(s)
    it's probably a very 2005 opinion but, i really think American apparel makes a great T shirt and always has.

I know they're not doing American manufacturing anymore, but the Tshirts still seem up to snuff, at least.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    I love Bella + Canvas shirts but wear colors other than white. Usually not more than $10 each on Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Next Level is another shirt that has been really solid for t-shirts, in the same club as American Apparel and Bella + Canvas.

I wear their CVC t-shirts, which are a 60/40 blend, in the gym... but they make 100% cotton shirts that should be cut similarly (athletic) too.