Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suits? even though you don't need them that often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I feel like I am not as qualified as some others to comment on this...I tend to buy way more suits than I ever need, and I think the need nowadays is dwindling even more.

I currently have 10ish. Probably wear one once a month max.

This includes a Spier and Mackey, indochino, Hickey Freeman, Armani, and even a custom made suit.

If I had to burn em all and keep just one...I think I’d get by just fine. And I think I’d keep the Spier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I wear a suit everyday, and most of mine are MTM from John H. Daniel (used to make Bill O'Reilly's suits) because they are local to me. I also have a few Brooks Brothers 1818 suits. Even though I love that my John H. Daniel suits are made in my hometown and have a tag that says Custom Made for Scott D, my favorite is actually a Spier & Mackay suit that I got on sale last year for $250. S&M is just really knocking it out of the park on style, quality, and value.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CK83 View Post
    I feel like I am not as qualified as some others to comment on this...I tend to buy way more suits than I ever need, and I think the need nowadays is dwindling even more.

I currently have 10ish. Probably wear one once a month max.

This includes a Spier and Mackey, indochino, Hickey Freeman, Armani, and even a custom made suit.

If I had to burn em all and keep just one...I think I’d get by just fine. And I think I’d keep the Spier.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    I wear a suit everyday, and most of mine are MTM from John H. Daniel (used to make Bill O'Reilly's suits) because they are local to me. I also have a few Brooks Brothers 1818 suits. Even though I love that my John H. Daniel suits are made in my hometown and have a tag that says Custom Made for Scott D, my favorite is actually a Spier & Mackay suit that I got on sale last year for $250. S&M is just really knocking it out of the park on style, quality, and value.
    Wow--It looks like the next suit I get is going to be a Spier & Mackay. Not just you two, but so many others on this thread give them ringing endorsements.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Wow--It looks like the next suit I get is going to be a Spier & Mackay. Not just you two, but so many others on this thread give them ringing endorsements.
    I have two DB suits I haven't even worn yet, and I want their navy one so bad.

#navysuitforwar
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    I have two DB suits I haven't even worn yet, and I want their navy one so bad.

#navysuitforwar
    Plot twist: you've been wearing a navysuitforwar for almost 20 years now, no? Four button suits with way too many accessories on them still count.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    Plot twist: you've been wearing a navysuitforwar for almost 20 years now, no? Four button suits with way too many accessories on them still count.
    hahahahaha touche good sir. we're doing an inspection at our drill weekend soon at that.

(I wear AE First Aves in black with mine, those patent abortions do *NOT* touch my feets)

But I mean a stylish one, not a work one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    271 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I'd say quality is about on par with a suit a Ralph Loren suit at Macy's, more or less.
    JAB quality varies a lot depending on which line.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    JAB quality varies a lot depending on which line.
    even within a given line, i've seen everything from VBC S110 to Loro Piana on the signature gold.