Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Shoes Do You Wear to the Office When it is Raining / Pouring?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    I still have my Deacons, and my Gunners, and they're both excellent for rain.
    That's exactly the two pairs I have. Great for rainy weather.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    and lastly my Strandmoks, which are getting pretty long in the tooth at this point.
    The Strandmok was such a cool and daring design by AE. They were going for informal which might suggest a derby as the platform but they did a true oxford. The result is a great contrast -- formal oxford features but weatherbeaten and loosened up. The Neumok is similarly cool in wingtip style. I used to own a pair of Strandmoks and loved them but sold them because they were a half size too small and killed my feet. I should probably buy a replacement pair.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)

and lastly my Strandmoks, which are getting pretty long in the tooth at this point.

I think that is one of shoes that gets better looking as the leather gets worn and ages.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    IMHO you are definitely not over thinking your shoe choice. In my part of the world we get a LOT of rain and I am always fretting over what shoes to wear. Unfortunately I have one of two pairs that have now become my go-to when I know we're getting dumped on. They are a lesser quality of show and I don't worry as much if they get wrecked due to the rain. I do have a pair of Daltons too that I will break out during the winter/boot season.

But yes. I fret a lot about what shoes to wear to the office when the weather is raining out. Glad to know I am not the only one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Either:
    JC Penney Stafford https://dappered.com/2014/02/18-mont...d-camlin-boot/

or

Danner Vetigo 917 in Dark Grey (change shoes once in the office, leave a pair of loafers) https://dappered.com/2019/01/in-revi...917-gold-rush/

Also have a pair of LLBean Bean boots, but due to difficulty getting them on/off, I don't wear them unless it's a Nor'easter

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    310 Post(s)
    Some relevant reading from this morning:

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2020/...-and-salt.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I have a pair of AE McAllisters with the v-tread sole they came with during that huge sale a couple years back, and a pair of Banana Republic Chelsea boots with a rubber sole and traction grooves that are probably at the end of their service this year.