Thread: Something like this J. Crew Fulton, but in tall?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)

Something like this J. Crew Fulton, but in tall?

This J. Crew Fulton coat that was posted on the main site this morning is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for:

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor..._name=midnight

The problem is, J. Crew appears to have all but given up on tall sizes, so it won't fit me. Do any of you know of similar jackets out there from someone who makes tall sizes?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)
    ah, not off the top of my head but keep looking because thats a nice coat.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessghost View Post
    This J. Crew Fulton coat that was posted on the main site this morning is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for:

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor..._name=midnight

The problem is, J. Crew appears to have all but given up on tall sizes, so it won't fit me. Do any of you know of similar jackets out there from someone who makes tall sizes?
    How tall is tall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayloreuph View Post
    How tall is tall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm 6'5". Tall stuff is sometimes too long, but regular stuff is almost always too short.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    I did some Christmas shopping at REI and could swear I saw some jackets (wind and weather resistant or weatherproof outer shell with a removable insulated lining - basically a 3-in-one jacket) like those marked as tall, maybe from Patagonia? Might we worth exploring. Also, the medium LL Bean Chamois shirt I got for Christmas was made for giants, so if their outerwear is similarly oversized maybe a regular from them would work for you. If Lands' End has tall sizes they have a wide variety of pretty nice outerwear. Or, another idea that may or may not pan out - Northern Europeans are significantly taller, on average, than Americans these days, so maybe look for something with a Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch or Danish label. The only suck label I know is the Swedish Fjallraven label but I'm sure there are others.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain