Thread: Suitsupply Traveller vs Bluffworks Gramercy Blazer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Suitsupply Traveller vs Bluffworks Gramercy Blazer

I'm looking for a new travel blazer, one good enough to be used in business meetings, but that I can thrown in a bag and not worry about the wrinkles (under $400). So far I've narrowed it down to the Suit Supply Traveller and the Bluffworks Gramercy Blazer. The former is wool while the other is polyester. Has anyone experienced both and have feedback on which one they like better and why?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I haven't heard of Bluffworks before, but looking at it online, I would avoid it.

It's possible that the fabric is something great, but the cut of the blazer itself looks awful. Very chopped tail, narrow lapels--screams "fast fashion" (yet you're not paying fast fashion-level prices).

The traveler suits from Havana are time-tested and generally seem to get the job done. The fabric isn't the softest for SuitSupply standards, but it's durable and has a nice amount of natural stretch in them. You can also get the matching pants from them to do a full suit, if that's something you'd be interested in doing down the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have the Bluffworks grammercy blazer (and pants). Here's what I'll say about the blazer:

It's comfortable. The polyester material has a nice stretch, and with some tailoring it fits very nicely.

It's convenient. It truly doesn't wrinkle much, and there are tons of pockets throughout the blazer to help keep you organized. I haven't washed it in the washer yet but plenty of people have mentioned that it's easy to do. I'm probably going to throw it in my washing machine this weekend and I can let you know.

It's more casual. Even with the suit pants, there's still an overall relaxed feel about it. You can tell it's not as traditional of a cut (or material), so in a room full of business executives or a courtroom you'll most likely stand out in a bad way. However, if you're just throwing it on to pair with jeans or khakis, or if you're in a more creative field with loose(r) dress standards, it'd work well. I think context will help drive your decision. This is a great suit for a date night, or if you work in tech or advertising or some other field that isn't as formal or conservative.