Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone on Reddit?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    What the heck is GYW?
    GoodYearWelt. It's a collection of people who spend their days finding every tiny little nuanced reason a certain pair of shoes is complete trash and should be thrown in a fire.

And yes, they have said horrendously negative things about Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, and even Lobb and Cleverley and Meccariello bespoke footwear.

While there's good folks who frequent it, the overwhelming group attitude is "if it's not something I personally own, it's total trash and you should be ashamed of even posting here."

Imagine being so disappointed with where your life has brought you.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    GoodYearWelt. It's a collection of people who spend their days finding every tiny little nuanced reason a certain pair of shoes is complete trash and should be thrown in a fire.

And yes, they have said horrendously negative things about Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, and even Lobb and Cleverley and Meccariello bespoke footwear.

While there's good folks who frequent it, the overwhelming group attitude is "if it's not something I personally own, it's total trash and you should be ashamed of even posting here."

That's kind of hilarious.

In the end, it all ends up as trash.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    555 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    That's kind of hilarious.

In the end, it all ends up as trash.
    Errbody turns into worm poop eventually.

Cept bin laden. He became fish poop.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    648 Post(s)

I've been combing through trying to find anything over the top negative, but I can't.

That's okay, anything to avoid writing this boring letter I promised the client by first thing Monday morning.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

That's just inaccurate hyperbole.

You're on the internet where opinions are more abundant than facts, so of course you're going to get tons of negative reviews of whatever you hold dear, especially on Reddit (where the majority (34%) of the users are in the university age range of 18-22, with 23-26 and 27-30 following behind). For the record, I own like 20+ pairs of Aldens and I say horrendously negative things about them all the time, but also love them dearly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Yes, I'm on reddit. I mainly lurk (kinda like here), but I check FMF frequently. I skim MFA less frequently, mainly because the style they seem to promote isn't necessarily my style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyum View Post
    Yes, I'm on reddit. I mainly lurk (kinda like here), but I check FMF frequently. I skim MFA less frequently, mainly because the style they seem to promote isn't necessarily my style.
    I'm the same (both in mostly lurking here, and in following FMF and skimming MFA a couple of times a week. I also follow GYW and WatchExchange.