Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suit Supply Sports Jacket

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Suit Supply Sports Jacket

My search for a navy sport jacket with flap pockets has led me to Suit Supply.

I was looking at the Lazio Navy Jacket.

Reviews I've read stated that besides being a slim fit that the sleeve length runs quite short. I prefer a traditional length sleeve over a modern length.

I'm a 42R in a Brooks Brothers regent fit jacket and I'm wondering if that would be a good starting point for SS as well.

I'm a 33 sleeve length in a BB dress shirt. Do you think there will be enough additional sleeve material to have it tailored to a traditional length?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)
    Take a look at the SS item measurements, compare them to what you already own, use the free shipping and returns to order and return stuff that doesn't fit.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    This doesn't answer your question, but I'm a 42R and the SuSu Napoli jacket fits me like a glove off the rack. The sleeve hits just right for my arms too (34.25" according to my Blank Label account, idk if that's measured the same as Brooks Brothers)

I tried a Lazio on several years ago and recall it being too slim in the body for my 195lb frame, don't remember what the sleeves were like though.

Like @LesserBlackDog said, if there's no store near you (and you don't mind the hassle and environmental impact of getting stuff shipped/returned in bulk) then just order online and see how a couple fits work out for you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by believe0101 View Post
    This doesn't answer your question, but I'm a 42R and the SuSu Napoli jacket fits me like a glove off the rack. The sleeve hits just right for my arms too (34.25" according to my Blank Label account, idk if that's measured the same as Brooks Brothers)

I tried a Lazio on several years ago and recall it being too slim in the body for my 195lb frame, don't remember what the sleeves were like though.

Like @LesserBlackDog said, if there's no store near you (and you don't mind the hassle and environmental impact of getting stuff shipped/returned in bulk) then just order online and see how a couple fits work out for you.
    I didn't see the Napoli because I was just looking at sports jackets but I should have because they are pretty similar in price point.

I ordered the Lazio and Havana and if they don't work I will try the Napoli.

Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

So both slim fits Lazio & Havana were too tight. I'm going to try the Napoli. Hard to see from the photos but is there any difference from the one sourced from the Reda mill vs Zignone? There is also one that says its from S120 wool in the title but under the description it says S110.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    I don't think they make a Napoli as a blazer--it's only as a suit jacket, which I would strongly avoid doing.

I was surprised to see in this thread that SS now makes a Lazio blazer (meaning they've probably run it in a fabric where it can be pulled off).

Did you try sizing up on the Lazio or Havana?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    So both slim fits Lazio & Havana were too tight. I'm going to try the Napoli. Hard to see from the photos but is there any difference from the one sourced from the Reda mill vs Zignone? There is also one that says its from S120 wool in the title but under the description it says S110.
    Hmm that might be a question best answered by customer support. Dunno.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lax101 View Post
    I don't think they make a Napoli as a blazer--it's only as a suit jacket, which I would strongly avoid doing.

I was surprised to see in this thread that SS now makes a Lazio blazer (meaning they've probably run it in a fabric where it can be pulled off).

Did you try sizing up on the Lazio or Havana?
    I haven't reordered yet.

So you think the texture on the Napoli doesn't lend itself to serving double duty as a sports jacket as well? I know it doesn't work for some but I thought a dark solid navy like the Napoli would.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Hmm that might be a question best answered by customer support. Dunno.
    I asked but didn't they said, different but same quality lol. I think the shade of blue are different.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    So you think the texture on the Napoli doesn't lend itself to serving double duty as a sports jacket as well?
    It's a texture thing, it's a pockets thing, it's a buttons thing, it's a cut thing.

Most people won't recognize a suit jacket versus a sport coat. So you could probably get away with it.

But if you want to do it right, don't pretend a suit jacket is a sport coat.

The few who matter will notice.