Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    For all those wanting comments on the main site to return:

There's a really good reason that will NEVER happen.

Those of you with Facebook, check out Dappered's ppst about MLK day. Adam is but a single example of what has happened in the past. Not gonna happen.
    Eh, you can't avoid a bit of nasty commentary these days. The best you can do is give some polite people moderating power and ask they delete that crap when they see it.

I think the good would outweigh the bad.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    661 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    For all those wanting comments on the main site to return:

There's a really good reason that will NEVER happen.

Those of you with Facebook, check out Dappered's ppst about MLK day. Adam is but a single example of what has happened in the past. Not gonna happen.
    Well, had to check it out. Wow!
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Well, had to check it out. Wow!
    Could it have been just your regular troll?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    I’d like to see less posts from people calling football “sports ball.” Good grief, what an obnoxious post.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    535 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIS997 View Post
    I’d like to see less posts from people calling football “sports ball.” Good grief, what an obnoxious post.
    Made it about half way through. Trying way too hard to be funny.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIS997 View Post
    I thought the same thing. "Sportsball" is one of those phrases that causes me to reflexively dismiss everything that follows :/.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    FYI: "The Super Bowl" is a registered NFL trademark and they've been very aggressive about trademark infringement. Since Dappered is a for-profit entity, I doubt it's worth the risk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Eh, you can't avoid a bit of nasty commentary these days. The best you can do is give some polite people moderating power and ask they delete that crap when they see it.

I think the good would outweigh the bad.
    People just suck sometimes, this Adam guy being Exhibit 120,436 in an endless stream of intractable human douchebaggery. This is why I think punching someone in the face should not be a felony, or even a misdemeanor, really. It should be more like a car accident. By that, I mean that while we generally consider car accidents a bad thing to be avoided, and while it can be a felony depending on circumstances, e.g. alcohol or negligence-related, for the most part it is treated as an inevitable side effect of driving, and there are various non-criminal channels for resolving one when it happens. At the same time, they're relatively infrequent because every morning when I get in my car, I think to myself, "A car accident is something to be avoided and I will do whatever I can to make sure I don't get in one."

Getting punched should be the same thing. If a drunk guy hits you because he thinks you looked at his girlfriend funny or something, then sure, he committed a felony. If you get into a skirmish with another guy because you both suck, and it comes to fisticuffs, but only fisticuffs, then you're both in trouble but the cops will just write up a report and the insurance companies will sort it out. Maybe your punch/get punched premiums go up. If you're behaving like this Adam guy though, and someone clocks you, he's not in trouble; it's more like the puncher was driving badly but not illegally, e.g. was hitting his gas and brake in a clumsy fashion, and then you rear-ended him because you weren't paying attention. He's not "innocent" but you're gonna take 100% of the blame on paper, because you forgot to tell yourself in the morning, as you were getting into the yellow Dodge Charger (official vehicle of d-bag brotons everywhere) that you didn't crash, "Hey I'm gonna do my best to not get punched in the face today."

This sounds ludicrous, I know, but note that I'm not advocating some Wild West thing where someone can shoot you for pissing him off. Just a bit of a nonlethal wild card that keeps the trolls in check, because using your words will only encourage him, and "ignoring trolls" sort of works but definitely feels off and unsatisfying, in a walnut Strands with a navy suit kind of way.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    661 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffedsuperdud View Post
    P

This sounds ludicrous, I know, but note that I'm not advocating some Wild West thing where someone can shoot you for pissing him off. Just a bit of a nonlethal wild card that keeps the trolls in check, because using your words will only encourage him, and "ignoring trolls" sort of works but definitely feels off and unsatisfying, in a walnut Strands with a navy suit kind of way.
    What's better is to learn why we get so triggered by these assholes and to get to a place where it rolls off our backs.

That won't feel unsatisfying, it will feel peaceful.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Be cool to see brands like Peter Christian looked at. Slight upgrade from JCrew etc., but not full on J Press O'Connels.