Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
    Maybe a "one item, five outfits" kinda thing?
    I like this concept even if it didn't involve "investment" items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmann View Post
    Throw in whimsical socks and a $5000 watch.
    Whimsical socks, yes, but I could do without the super expensive stuff. Valet and GQ have plenty of suggestions for $800 sweaters and $200 tshirts. No thanks. But the "whimsical" socks etc actually hits on something that doesn't feel like it would require some expert writer to implement. For those who have the basics down, I think adding something creative into the mix would be great. Maybe more articles on adding this. For example, Christmas sweaters/cardigans that are unique and seasonal but not ugly (this cardigan that keeps popping up on ads I see for Brooks Bros comes to mind: https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Nordi...-clothing-sale), such as maybe some unique fair isle patterns etc. Or an article on print polos that add something visually interesting without looking stupid.

On the topic of the crazy priced stuff, some of the things I see on GQ or Valet do look really nice (others are absolutely awful), but then I see the price tag and know I'll never get it. Maybe something on alternative choices for us non-millionaires that feature the same general look?

I think I mentioned this on a previous article suggestion forum post, but I'd also like to see something along the lines of advice on what to look for and what to avoid in clothing materials. One thing I loved when I found this site is that it pointed me toward items that actually felt comfortable to wear. Before, I'd buy things that I liked visually, but I'd wear them and they would itch, cause me to overheat, or create their own static field seemingly out of nowhere. I know some of this gets mentioned just off-hand during discussion about an item (e.g. merino wool) in an article, but what about looking at a few nice sweaters or polos with different compositions in a single feature and doing a comparison about how an online shopper can know what's going to work based on looking at the material details alone?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    For all those wanting comments on the main site to return:

There's a really good reason that will NEVER happen.

Those of you with Facebook, check out Dappered's ppst about MLK day. Adam is but a single example of what has happened in the past. Not gonna happen.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post

Those of you with Facebook, check out Dappered's ppst about MLK day. Adam is but a single example of what has happened in the past. Not gonna happen.
    Went to FB to read it. To me that is tame these days haha but one idiot that can be ignored shouldn’t ruin the potential benefit to many. Just my thoughts. I understand Dappereds approach but I would benefit from some comments discussion.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    oh I get it to be sure. but at the end of the day, those wanting to discuss a given blog post from the main site can (and frequently have, in the past) just make a new post in threads and bam. discussion.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

WOW. I thought you meant me at first, but holy hell, that guy is an asshole.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    WOW. I thought you meant me at first, but holy hell, that guy is an asshole.
    Nah you gave my pappy picture a like i could never speak ill of you.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    Nah you gave my pappy picture a like i could never speak ill of you.
    Hah! If only you lived closer to Nashville, we could share some of that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)
    Hah! If only you lived closer to Nashville, we could share some of that.
    I only had the one pour; it was at a restaurant (Apis, just west of Austin TX a bit) we were having dinner at. Turns out Mrs. went to college with the CDC (head chef) and he hooked us UP.

I'll be in Nashville in September for Tough Mudder though, so I do believe a bit of dinner may be in order....and who knows, maybe I'll have tradecrafted my way into a bottle by then.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    I only had the one pour; it was at a restaurant (Apis, just west of Austin TX a bit) we were having dinner at. Turns out Mrs. went to college with the CDC (head chef) and he hooked us UP.

I'll be in Nashville in September for Tough Mudder though, so I do believe a bit of dinner may be in order....and who knows, maybe I'll have tradecrafted my way into a bottle by then.
    Sounds like a plan. You know where to find me!