Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)

Lightbulb What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Audience participation time. What content do you guys like to see on the front page? How often?

Is there anything that you'd like to see *less* of? If so, why?

(I posted something similar back in the Fall, so here's hoping we have some fresh ideas in here, too!)
    Last edited by mcadamsandwich; January 3rd, 2020 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    It's a pretty good mix as is.

I could do with fewer of the One Store, 5 Outfits type of posts.

If the choices all happen to work out that they all come from one store then fine, but I'd prefer an outfit to reflect choices from more than one store.

The put together outfits (Style scenario) features that use multiple stores are great for the fashion impaired among us, though.

If possible, how about features on eyeglasses and how they fit into fashion?

Would also be nice to get a link to other music services for the Playlist feature instead of just Spotify.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    With articles that are suggesting an outfit, I'd like to see photos of someone actually wearing the outfit and not just photos of the individual pieces.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    With articles that are suggesting an outfit, I'd like to see photos of someone actually wearing the outfit and not just photos of the individual pieces.
    I'll second this. This would also be nice on posts doing product reviews. Seeing the product as part of a complete outfit would be nice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    548 Post(s)
    I’d like to revisit the new ward robe articles but with different price points. Or maybe what to add to that ward robe with your next 500, etc.

Maybe some more articles on clothing care and maintenance. It appears a lot of us have the staples that have been broadcasted for awhile. So now how do we maintain and tweak that ward robe.

For me less of the Friday round up. I like the regular articles and the confusing list of links just doesn’t do a lot for me.

Also, I’d like to see some more shoe discussion outside of AE. It seems to be only the default answer on the main page. But in the discussions I hear of brands from others I’ve never heard of.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    We suggested it in another thread but 1 outfit, 3 price points. Dappered used to be the home of a whole outfit for under $100. While some people moved on from Dappered as their price points changed, some of us are still here and would love something like College Budget (<$100), Post-Grad ($100-$300), then Professional (>$500), or something like that.

For instance, while my budget has increased, I may still look at the college budget category when wanting to try out a new article of clothing. To try out cardigans, I started out at Old Navy so if I hated a cardigan, I wasn't out a ton of money.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    548 Post(s)
    Also while prob difficult I’d love a cross brand fit comparison. One hockey site I follow you can select your stick curve and they show you the closest in every other brand. That would be amazing and I believe very helpful.

Doesn’t have to be for every brand but maybe for just the popular items always broadcasted aka SuSu, S&M and JCrew etc.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post

Also, I’d like to see some more shoe discussion outside of AE. It seems to be only the default answer on the main page. But in the discussions I hear of brands from others I’ve never heard of.
    That is unlikely to happen because a lot of the smaller or expensive shoemakers that we like don't have affiliate programs (I think). The website needs to monetize its content. Or else we wouldn't have this place for free.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I always liked the "affordable alternatives" articles which took a look from a movie and found affordable alternatives. I know other sites do that too now, but that's actually what brought me here in the first place. I also miss the comment section after the articles, but I can understand the troll patrol takes a lot of time and effort.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    662 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    ...s are still here and would love something like College Budget (<$100), Post-Grad ($100-$300), then Professional (>$500), or something like that

that would be a neat article