Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    The Big Thing / The Big Game seem time be the substitutes. Sports ball is dismissive and smug.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    I'm hoping to see how many more ways Joe can come up with to tell us that he has thicc thighs and does squats

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ac6 View Post
    I'm hoping to see how many more ways Joe can come up with to tell us that he has thicc thighs and does squats
    If you got 'em, flaunt 'em
    Ben

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    309 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent k View Post
    The Big Thing / The Big Game seem time be the substitutes. Sports ball is dismissive and smug.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    309 Post(s)
    Responding to the actual question that started the thread, it occurred to me while reading today's post that an (annual?) "find your favorite pair of dark denim" roundup might be helpful. I've got that nailed down for myself, for the time being, but I'm sure a lot of readers--particularly newer ones--would find that very useful. Something similar to the "Best Dress Shoes under $200" articles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Trying way too hard to be funny.
    i think "trying way too hard" captures a good deal of what I'd like to see less of: funny, philosophical, topical... I've found good advice on the site but I tend to skim over the extraneous commentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Much like the guy who won't stop mentioning how he doesn't like sports, I don't need to hear Joe talk about how he just doesn't 'get' the Nike killshots ever again. He stated it in about 10 articles now. Everyone understands that they aren't for you, please stop.

As for what I want more of? More Dappered space. Weekly would be great.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmann View Post
    This site is invaluable to beginners but the missed opportunity I see is in keeping those readers once they've acquired their basic wardrobe. Maybe some deep dive pieces like PTO and Gentleman's Gazette? Or even just links to them and other pieces of interest in men's style like what Valet mag does with their Morning Report. Throw in whimsical socks and a $5000 watch. Even if we won't/can't actually buy it, we can learn to appreciate the style. It's not about generating views on those particular pieces but using them as loss leaders to keep the non-beginner traffic. Maybe some "advanced" Style Scenarios too. And a small nitpick about the Style Scenarios: I have to scroll back and forth between the pic and the description. It's so annoying that I give up half the time.
    What is the point of getting us to acquire a taste for watches we can't afford. I have always thought that dappered's niche is taking normal costing stuff seriously. However, watches already seem to be a blindspot. Look at the job interview scenario.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    For all those wanting comments on the main site to return:

There's a really good reason that will NEVER happen.

Those of you with Facebook, check out Dappered's ppst about MLK day. Adam is but a single example of what has happened in the past. Not gonna happen.
    Yeah, though there has been trash in the Threads too, like this reaction to my saying I couldn't stand like the company Vineyard Vines due to their lack of people of color in their marketing (at the time).

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...l=1#post270506

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    410 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    Yeah, though there has been trash in the Threads too, like this reaction to my saying I couldn't stand like the company Vineyard Vines due to their lack of people of color in their marketing (at the time).

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...l=1#post270506

That's a pretty tame reaction. Not everyone disagreeing with you is trash.