Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Maybe some more articles on clothing care and maintenance. It appears a lot of us have the staples that have been broadcasted for awhile. So now how do we maintain and tweak that ward robe.
    Agree with this. I mentioned this on the prior thread in the fall, but I’d also like to see more style related or style alternative posts like the older days. Examples would be dopp kit essentials, how to organize your closet, the best leather lotions / shoe polishes, etc.

There used to be some of these but they are 4, 5, and 6 years old at this point.

Those of us that have followed the site for a while have an established wardrobe. I feel these sort of posts would help break up the monotony of reading about how the BR rapid movement jeans or the goodthreads ocbd is on sale for the 5000th time and would keep us interested.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J2K66 View Post
    I wonder if there's a happy medium? What if there was a forum post for comments on each article? I'm not sure of the logistics of making that happen between the blog/forum software, but that could potentially allow comments, but you'd have to be a forum member. I don't know that the trolls/spammers would take the time to register for the forum. I could see it being great for discussion, and for Sale posts... other members pointing out 'non-highlighted' items.
    I thought when it first switched over, there was a link to continue discussions on a Facebook post (but then you need Facebook)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I'd like to see more on sustainable/human rights conscious brands personally. I've gotten off the Amazon train (worth a look for everyone imho) and won't shop Uniqlo, and I think folks like us who care about our clothes and make them a priority are in a great spot to help move the needle on brands that use dodgy manufacturing tactics. Target is a surprisingly transparent option, and while Heddels (formerly Rawr Denim) I think goes a bit over the top and misses the forest through the trees sometimes, they do a great job of focusing on responsible brands overall. Love that B Corps have started making an appearance here too, Nisolo was a great find next time I need some new kicks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skewl View Post
    I've gotten off the Amazon train (worth a look for everyone imho) ...
    Target is a surprisingly transparent option,
    Target also had an item from another seller on their website from one of the unsafe factories during the investigation of Amazon's listings.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    I would like to see fewer online-only brands. I almost never shop online unless it is from a brand I already know. I am still very tied to brick and mortar because I want to know how things fit before I buy them. This eliminates my interest in amazon, spier and mckay, drop, Todd Snyder, Huckberry, Mr. Porter, etc. all which get heavy play here.

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)
    Eh. I like the inclusion of online brands. I live in a small town and the B&M stores are very limited - we’ve basically got a crap Macy’s, a Kohl’s, a Gap outlet, a Target, and nothing else. No BR, JCrew, Old Navy, Gap, Nordstrom, Lands’ End, nowhere that sells decent dress shoes, nowhere that sells suits or jackets in anything but polyester/high poly blends, etc.

Virtually anything I buy in terms of menswear, I’m going to have to order online even if it’s from a store with a big B&M presence like Nordstrom or Macy’s or J.Crew or whatever.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I'd like to see more on sustainable/human rights conscious brands personally. I've gotten off the Amazon train (worth a look for everyone imho) and won't shop Uniqlo, and I think folks like us who care about our clothes and make them a priority are in a great spot to help move the needle on brands that use dodgy manufacturing tactics. Target is a surprisingly transparent option, and while Heddels (formerly Rawr Denim) I think goes a bit over the top and misses the forest through the trees sometimes, they do a great job of focusing on responsible brands overall. Love that B Corps have started making an appearance here too, Nisolo was a great find next time I need some new kicks.
    I think this is a great idea! I believe Patagonia is a pretty conscious brand in this area. The only problem is they aiming at the outdoor crowd rather than the dress for work crowd.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    we’ve basically got a crap Macy’s, a Kohl’s, a Gap outlet, a Target, and nothing else.
    With the way things are going these days, this will increasingly be the case. My city used to have all the various clothing store choices, but they all closed.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Eh. I like the inclusion of online brands. I live in a small town and the B&M stores are very limited - we’ve basically got a crap Macy’s, a Kohl’s, a Gap outlet, a Target, and nothing else. No BR, JCrew, Old Navy, Gap, Nordstrom, Lands’ End, nowhere that sells decent dress shoes, nowhere that sells suits or jackets in anything but polyester/high poly blends, etc.

Virtually anything I buy in terms of menswear, I’m going to have to order online even if it’s from a store with a big B&M presence like Nordstrom or Macy’s or J.Crew or whatever.
    I live in a large diverse area where most of the mentioned stores are 20-30mins away at most but I still want online reviews. I just don’t like to waste my time shopping in stores.

In addition the few times I’ve gone in stores over the past year the prices are higher than online (CT and JCrew). I like buying but hate “shopping”.

In the past year I think I’ve only purchased from three clothing based stores: UA, Nike and SuSu.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    Glad you liked Nisolo. I think they're doing great things and they sneakers were legit nice (I'm actually ordering some). I just wish their other designs weren't so.. cheap looking.