Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you hoping to see more or less of in 2020 on the main Dappered.com page?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    547 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    That is unlikely to happen because a lot of the smaller or expensive shoemakers that we like don't have affiliate programs (I think). The website needs to monetize its content. Or else we wouldn't have this place for free.
    Doesnít have to be expensive shoe makers but I see your point. I know Iím an outlier for my lack of priority in shoes on this board compared to others but the buying process, comments on the declining quality etc have soured me on AE. Iíd love learning from others and not having them be the default answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CK83 View Post
    ...I also miss the comment section after the articles, but I can understand the troll patrol takes a lot of time and effort.
    I wonder if there's a happy medium? What if there was a forum post for comments on each article? I'm not sure of the logistics of making that happen between the blog/forum software, but that could potentially allow comments, but you'd have to be a forum member. I don't know that the trolls/spammers would take the time to register for the forum. I could see it being great for discussion, and for Sale posts... other members pointing out 'non-highlighted' items.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    I mean Meermin makes it on the website somewhat often.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    While the main thrust of the site is for timeless classics mostly, and there's always sales to be going on, I'd like to see a bit more of the exotica to spice up the khakis and polo shirts for the guys who have their staples fairly well in hand. Unusual but classy items for if you want to peacock a bit. Things that aren't just "nice," but "neat!" Though obviously without turning it into some wacky giant fuzzy fedora kind of site.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J2K66 View Post
    I wonder if there's a happy medium? What if there was a forum post for comments on each article? I'm not sure of the logistics of making that happen between the blog/forum software, but that could potentially allow comments, but you'd have to be a forum member. I don't know that the trolls/spammers would take the time to register for the forum. I could see it being great for discussion, and for Sale posts... other members pointing out 'non-highlighted' items.
    If youíre on reddit, would a Dappered subreddit fill this niche?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CK83 View Post
    I always liked the "affordable alternatives" articles which took a look from a movie and found affordable alternatives. I know other sites do that too now, but that's actually what brought me here in the first place.
    I like this idea a lot. Would definitely be hit and miss depending on the movie or timeframe, but Iíd like to see that too.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    We suggested it in another thread but 1 outfit, 3 price points. Dappered used to be the home of a whole outfit for under $100. While some people moved on from Dappered as their price points changed, some of us are still here and would love something like College Budget (<$100), Post-Grad ($100-$300), then Professional (>$500), or something like that.

For instance, while my budget has increased, I may still look at the college budget category when wanting to try out a new article of clothing. To try out cardigans, I started out at Old Navy so if I hated a cardigan, I wasn't out a ton of money.
    I like this idea a lot.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    With articles that are suggesting an outfit, I'd like to see photos of someone actually wearing the outfit and not just photos of the individual pieces.
    While I agree, thatís a lot harder to accomplish in terms of ordering, photos, etc. especially when sales are involved. More often than not, the writer doesnít actually own all of those pieces... itís more of a look book inspiration piece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I always enjoyed the annual $1,500 wardrobe feature. There was a poll in November 2018 about whether to raise the limit, but that is the last time the feature was ever mentioned. I would be interested in seeing that back as an annual feature.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paintflinger View Post
    I mean Meermin makes it on the website somewhat often.
    They're also made in China and don't have anywhere CLOSE to the size range that AE does. People with narrow or wide feet can be quite screwed when it comes to GYW dress shoes. AE is one of the few brands they can rely on, and it's certainly one of the least expensive out there.

I'd like to see maybe the Cleverley, Lobb, G&G "ready to wear" line featured with Carmina, maybe in the "Professional" arena of the one outfit three price points deal.

I'd be happy to review any possible candidates from all four brands...guess I need to send someone an email.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com