Thread: A website to give a free, instant assessment of how a suit fits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

A website to give a free, instant assessment of how a suit fits

Hi

I created a website where you can submit a photo of yourself in a suit and get a fit assessment instantly.

It assesses based on these GQ guidelines. It's just a proof of concept to see if people are interested in the idea. The quality of assessments still needs a lot of work! It will also never replace the expertise a tailor can provide.

I work as a product manager in tech but like to write code in my spare time so thought this would be fun

I'd love to hear any constructive criticism you have, thanks!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1518 Post(s)
    What are your privacy policies regarding the photos and information you collect? How long do you retain the information, what do you do with photo when you're done, etc. Thank you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    This is interesting, but it seems to think the waist is always too small.

I tried some photos of jacket that are much too big and it detected them as being too small in the waist. I tried photos of jackets that are dead on: too small in the waist. It correctly identify a jacket that was too small in the waist as too small in the waist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    What are your privacy policies regarding the photos and information you collect? How long do you retain the information, what do you do with photo when you're done, etc. Thank you.
    I put how I use photos and information at the bottom of the FAQ. I ask users asked not to submit personally identifiable information such as their face.

On the page where users submit a photo I make these terms available as well. I also have a template image showing the body being cropped. I also provide an example image.

The service is built on images such as the ones users submit, so I keep and use them for that purpose. This is also stated in the 'terms'. What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    This is interesting, but it seems to think the waist is always too small.

I tried some photos of jacket that are much too big and it detected them as being too small in the waist. I tried photos of jackets that are dead on: too small in the waist. It correctly identify a jacket that was too small in the waist as too small in the waist.
    Interesting, thanks! I have tested with some photos that give a recommendation other than the waist being too small! However, it looks like this is one of the ones where it is getting it wrong too often.