Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Post some clothing items you highly recommend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I got this BR wool chore jacket on a whim. Love how it looks, but I love how it wears even more - the stretch it has combined with its flannel like lining is an absolute winner. I love it when rugged looking pieces are actually super comfortable. I would absolutely buy it again.
    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...p-page-content

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I have an American Flag romper similar to the one posted above. Purchased at a thrift store, the clerk said it looks like something a high school teacher would wear. My wife started laughing out loud.
    I reach HS music. And I do wear it for appropriate holiday events. Like Arbor Day, Flag Day, Tet Parades, and various Saints days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    I found a sweater at REI of all places that I really like, from an outfit called Sherpa Adventure Gear https://www.sherpaadventuregear.com/.../mens-sweaters. I got the Dumji in Chai Tea - super warm and cozy and that color is easy to pair with just about anything other than tan pants. Also the Roark Revival Axeman (the black one with corduroy collar) is pretty much everything I hoped it would be and reasonable at $139 full price. https://roark.com/products/axeman-me...17495723409479.

My favorite sweater of all time came from a somewhat unlikely source - it's a Irish Fisherman/Aran cable knit sweater in a super versatile mid gray with Donegal flecks woven in. Thick, warm, stylish, and it was made by Levis, or at least sold by them. Had no idea they did anything but jeans and western yoke shirts.
    I really like the look of that Axeman jacket. Tempting.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I really like the look of that Axeman jacket. Tempting.
    It's pretty nice for $139. It's basically a WWII deck jacket with modern materials and some design flourishes (the fireman slicker clasps and brass snaps). The black version has a nylon shell and it's insulated with "sherpa" poly fleece with a flannel lining in the body - the sleeves are lined is a smoother fabric. The DWR coating they put on it is pretty effective so it's great in cold damp weather - e.g. yesterday it drizzled all day long and was about 35 degrees Fahrenheit and it was perfect for that. I've been able to test it down into the mid-20s Fahrenheit and it's adequate at those temps with t shirt, button up shirt, and wool sweater as layers underneath. Might be adequate down in the mid teens with a beefy wool sweater or poly fleece layered under it. Colder than that and you probably want to grab something warmer if you're going to be outside for very long. One awesome feature is the hand warmer pockets are lined all around in the sherpa fleece the jacket is insulated with...it is soft and warm and cozy AF for hands - once you're mitts go in there on a cold day you're not going to want to pull them back out except in case of emergency.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    It's pretty nice for $139. It's basically a WWII deck jacket with modern materials and some design flourishes (the fireman slicker clasps and brass snaps). The black version has a nylon shell and it's insulated with "sherpa" poly fleece with a flannel lining in the body - the sleeves are lined is a smoother fabric. The DWR coating they put on it is pretty effective so it's great in cold damp weather - e.g. yesterday it drizzled all day long and was about 35 degrees Fahrenheit and it was perfect for that. I've been able to test it down into the mid-20s Fahrenheit and it's adequate at those temps with t shirt, button up shirt, and wool sweater as layers underneath. Might be adequate down in the mid teens with a beefy wool sweater or poly fleece layered under it. Colder than that and you probably want to grab something warmer if you're going to be outside for very long. One awesome feature is the hand warmer pockets are lined all around in the sherpa fleece the jacket is insulated with...it is soft and warm and cozy AF for hands - once you're mitts go in there on a cold day you're not going to want to pull them back out except in case of emergency.
    Sounds like a home run, especially at that price. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ito View Post
    I got this BR wool chore jacket on a whim. Love how it looks, but I love how it wears even more - the stretch it has combined with its flannel like lining is an absolute winner. I love it when rugged looking pieces are actually super comfortable. I would absolutely buy it again.
    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...p-page-content
    I like that a lot. I'm actually considering getting it. I had something similar years ago and something similar now in dark blue. But so much of what I wear is blue, when I wear it, I feel like all I need to do is cover my face in blue makeup and I can join that famous Vegas act.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I like that a lot. I'm actually considering getting it. I had something similar years ago and something similar now in dark blue. But so much of what I wear is blue, when I wear it, I feel like all I need to do is cover my face in blue makeup and I can join that famous Vegas act.
    Haha. I can relate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    After telling my husband yesterday that I don't need another piece of clothing, I saw your post and bought this jacket, deeply discounted. I love the look of boiled wool and I imagine I will be wearing this jacket for years.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    You gents need to get out more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post