Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Post some clothing items you highly recommend

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)
    J Crew essential Henley's are a little overpriced regularly IMO, but on sale they are good. Right now they are on a great sale. I used to have a navy one and got an acid or bleach stain on it and retired it. This sale came up and I bought one in every color they had for my size. I think the promo code i used put them at $12. Not sure what today's code is but its in the neighborhood.

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...e-henley/J7014

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1140 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    You gents need to get out more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just some jest. When I use a regional slang, I get it as well. Heck, I rib my wife every time she says wicked or says we need to go to the market. In the south, wicked is a sin, and its a grocery store. My buddy has a couple of lotus (loti? Lotuses?) and occasionally says windscreen, bonnet or boot. He's from Michigan so I give him a little crap about adopting regional terms when not in the region but we all know what he means. He spends a lot of time talking about the cars with people from other places so I am sure he gets grief for saying trunk, hood or windshield and its easier to adopt the terms of the majority. But its fun to hear the terms from other places.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    611 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I love sweaters this time of the year and two of my favorite companies are John Henric and Grand Frank. I will admit I've gotten into turtlenecks in a big way over the past couple of years and these two companies make my all time favorites. The lower priced turtlenecks from John Henric are made from cotton and are extremely comfortable (they do not irritate my neck at all). A word of warning though that both of these companies are from Sweden are euro sized. As an example, a typical BR medium sweater is a bit big on me. The sweaters from either of these companies fits me like a dream. You may need to size up if you order from either company.

https://www.grandfrank.com/world/knitwear
    Okay, based on your recommendation, I ordered one of these on sale after Xmas. Very nice! Wearing it right now.

As implied by your original post, I think a little closer to sweater-weight than shirt weight. So, I guess I'm a bit disappointed because I'm in sunny So. Cal. and I won't get to wear it a lot.

Also, I would say they are true to size--not vanity sized. At 6'2", 195 Pounds, I'm a true large. So often I will order a large slim-cut and it's too big!

I tried on this shirt and a recent Good-Man brand and both my wife and I agree the fit on the Grand Frank is much better.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; January 7th, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    For custom made shirts I would recommend Ratio clothing (high price range) and Nattyshirts (Mediocre price range).
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes