Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: HELP! Very Unique Style Scenario

  1. #11
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,496
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayloreuph View Post
    Coveralls.
    Overalls.
    Work Smock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Smock smock smock smock smock.




    ETA: Get some 1968s from Gustin. Great selvedge at under 100 bucks.

    OR.....get Goodfellow & Co selvedge from Target. Then don't tell anyone where you got it.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

  2. #12
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,131
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    403 Post(s)
    I suggest coveralls, but not necessarily disposal ones. It depends on how much you do what, and if you do both sales and maintenance in the same shift. If you paint a lot, you might want some dedicated painting coveralls. I think though some blue coveralls could be worn as a classic looking maintaince man. You could pair it with red wings a work shirt, or an obcd and even wear a casual tie.

    If possible keep some trousers and a sportscoat to change into when doing sales. Or change into the coveralls only for messy work.

  3. #13
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,312
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    The first though that came to mind was change of clothes at work. I think that’s a reasonable request given you are covering for people across a wide variety of tasks.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,737
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    The first though that came to mind was change of clothes at work. I think that’s a reasonable request given you are covering for people across a wide variety of tasks.
    Yeah, it isnt crazy. I used to at least change items when a manual task came up.

  5. #15
    Varsity Member Sideswipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    194
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Hmm. There used to be a blog run by a guy who is a heavy duty / industrial electrician. He did some work style posts that would be right up your alley. If only I could remember the name of the blog. I'm posting here in hopes some else might know what / who I am talking about.
    There's an Instagram account called urbancomposition or something like that that's along these lines, is that what you're thinking of?
    “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
    "The mood will pass, sir.”

  6. #16
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,904
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1487 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Smock smock smock smock smock.




    ETA: Get some 1968s from Gustin. Great selvedge at under 100 bucks.

    OR.....get Goodfellow & Co selvedge from Target. Then don't tell anyone where you got it.
    I thought this EXACT same thing when I read/heard smock...

  7. #17
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,904
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1487 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
    There's an Instagram account called urbancomposition or something like that that's along these lines, is that what you're thinking of?
    Yes! That's it. https://urbancomposition.tumblr.com/ Thank you.

  8. #18
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,496
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I thought this EXACT same thing when I read/heard smock...
    That strip shaped the lives of 80s and 90s kids like no other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •