Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: December One Month, One Watch Challenge Thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Two for the last day.
    Pink leather and OEM bracelet

Happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    Well, I didnít post photographic proof for every day like Iíd intended, but otherwise the One Month, One Watch Challenge was a SUCCESS for me!

I successfully stuck with one watch and, toward the end, actually started gravitating toward just a single strap as well (grey NATO). To my surprise I did not feel any kind of itch to buy or even wear any other watches. I may post more on my thoughts on this experiment a little later when Iím not typing on mobile.

For now here is a little collage of some of my favorite outfit combos from the month...

Ben

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1487 Post(s)
    I burned out of the challenge. I thought I'd make it, but turns out I couldn't do it. Congrats to everyone who did though. Well done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I made it through, and like LesserBlackDog, I also started to gravitate towards one bracelet. But unlike LBD I did buy watches. And after Xmas it was harder to motivate the same watch.
    However, being a 30+ watch guy, I do appreciate the simplicity of One And Done, also, the not having to winds and set a different watch every morning was nice.
    I think choice is key, and getting that universal watch dial color is a neat way to think about things. Straps are more versatile than I gave it credit for. Unfortunately, a large isnít strap order got stalled, so Iím missing a few new options. That might have made things easier.
    Curious if Iíll participate in this endeavor again, since I know it can be done. How bold do you try? Perhaps weíll find out...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    I alternated between 2 watches for the entire month. Does that count?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu View Post
    I alternated between 2 watches for the entire month. Does that count?
    that counts as a double win. You completed the one watch challenge with two different watches. Its like splitting a hand in blackjack.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    that counts as a double win. You completed the one watch challenge with two different watches. Its like splitting a hand in blackjack.
    Haha sure. Anyhow, here was my one photo from the month. Also wearing a Hamilton Khaki, playing cajon in my churchís Christmas Eve service.