Thread: Sutton equivalent from full line?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)

Sutton equivalent from full line?

I usually buy the JCF Sutton but want to switch to the full line equivalent. Unfortunately I donít have a full line store near me to try stuff on. Anyone else that has made the switch, so you recommend the 484 or the 770?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    662 Post(s)
    that is so funny you mention it because I actually did a big try-on the pants project with a bunch of different j crew jcf stuff to audition new types of pants to fit me right after some other ones i really liked (NON STRETCH CHINOS) got discontinued.

Despite being very much marketed as such, none of the JCF and J Crew fits were the same waist sizes, nor the same amount of billow in the legs or seat.

It was super disappointing, and confusing. None of the pants from JCF actually fit me, despite a certain one from J Crew actually working perfectly.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    662 Post(s)
    My reccomendation is to just put the $200 or whatever on your credit card and try them all on for a couple days, and send the rest back that don't work. I know that is 100% totally useless advice in an age where things should have fit information online in detail, but given my disparate fit findings, i can't recommend anything else.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Contrary to the previous poster, I've found the 770 to fit similarly to the Sutton in my 32/32 size. Something like 25" in the thigh with a 15" leg opening. I also wear their Ludlow trousers in the same size. Slightly trimmer in both dimensions, but not as snug as the 484/Driggs.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    My reccomendation is to just put the $200 or whatever on your credit card and try them all on for a couple days, and send the rest back that don't work. I know that is 100% totally useless advice in an age where things should have fit information online in detail, but given my disparate fit findings, i can't recommend anything else.
    Well, knowing I crew the way I do, I order multiples of the same fit and size because they arenít consistent. I donít want 3 of the same size in each color and each fit. But I suppose I could do two 770 and two 484.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk