Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoe recommendations for upcoming trip with lots of walking?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Thanks for the recommendations gents! I'm going to keep looking as I've still got some time before my trip. After doing a little more research, it seems like the consensus is most of the popular trails I am looking at are pretty easy and don't require any fancy hiking specific boots. As a matter of fact a lot of people do them in trainers or runners just fine. So that at least narrows it down a little bit. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Can't go wrong with the style of Stan Smiths. They are comfy also.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations gents! I'm going to keep looking as I've still got some time before my trip. After doing a little more research, it seems like the consensus is most of the popular trails I am looking at are pretty easy and don't require any fancy hiking specific boots. As a matter of fact a lot of people do them in trainers or runners just fine. So that at least narrows it down a little bit. Thanks again!
    If you're hiking and it's wet or there is likely to be even light snow on the ground, I highly recommend taking proper hiking shoes. You'll be safer and much more comfortable.

As for the cities, it depends on whether you're prioritizing comfort or looks. I'm the OP of the thread referenced in reply #2, and I ended up going with Allbirds sneakers to use for a year trip around the world.
    I couldn't be happier with my choice. No, they are not as handsome as a nice pair of boots, not even in the same realm. But with a pair of the grey ones, they blended well enough at night to not stick out at clubs, restaurants, etc. And they feel like you're wearing cloud socks. Extreme all day comfort, breathable, and supportive enough.
    That said, they wouldn't be my choice for wet/rainy days. For that, bring a pair of comfortable boots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Merrells as someone else suggested are great.

Scarpa Margarita or Mojito are both good shoes for travel as well.
    https://www.scarpa.com/margarita

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    If they are your style, I highly recommend checking out the Danner Vertigo 917. I took them on a trip to Colorado this summer and they worked great for me from transitioning between both hiking and chilling in the city. Also, a major plus to them is how easy they are to put on and take off.