Thread: Allen Edmonds Black Friday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Allen Edmonds Black Friday?

Has anyone here noticed if Allen Edmonds has expanded their Black Friday sale in the past? Just trying to figure out if I should expect their current, somewhat pitiful "Black Friday" sale to be it or if there's likely to be something better around the corner. I know the BF article on the main page today speculates that there might be, but I was hoping someone here might have noticed a trend in previous years?

I've got my heart set on finally picking up some walnut Strands, and I'd rather not pay full price (or have to wait a long time!)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    611 Post(s)
    It looks like it's already expanded well beyond what is posted on the main site.

But not the Strand. Unless you're interested in factory seconds:

https://www.allenedmonds.com/sale/fa...Oxford&start=1

That said, eventually the Strand will be on sale for firsts. If not for the holidays, afterwards sometimes. I think I've noticed that the Strand doesn't go on sale as often as some other models and that the discount isn't usually as big. So, you might need to wait longer to get the price you want.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Cannot vouch for the veracity of this, but FWIW:

From r/AllenEdmonds on Reddit:

"Black Friday sale...Friday and Saturday

Went to my local AE and looked around at the current Black Friday sales going on in store (and online). The gentleman whispered to me “just wait until Friday and Saturday, an extra 20% off.” With that, I smiled and said thank you. He then said, “I’ll see you on Friday.” lol"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDub View Post
    Cannot vouch for the veracity of this, but FWIW:

From r/AllenEdmonds on Reddit:

[B]"Black Friday sale...Friday and Saturday

Went to my local AE and looked around at the current Black Friday sales going on in store (and online). The gentleman whispered to me “just wait until Friday and Saturday, an extra 20% off.” With that, I smiled and said thank you. He then said, “I’ll see you on Friday.” lol"
    That might be good for the stuff that's already on sale, but is less than optimal for full-price shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know they're running their "Black Friday" sale through the weekend. I went to my local AE Factory 2nd store yesterday and picked up a belt and new model suede boot (Nomad Chelsea). All merchandise is 20% off and I suspect they'll at least keep it going through "Cyber Monday." For the last 12 years, I have exclusively bought shoes from AE Factory 2nd, and never once been disappointed. I've even had four pair recrafted, and they've always come back in unbelievably pristine condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the helpful responses! I ended up just biting the bullet and ordering Strands at 20% off from the main store. Ended up ~$315. Would have preferred paying less, but the slight savings aren't worth waiting an extra 5-6 months

Regarding the 2nds comment: I wish I had a local Factory seconds store! I've been super curious to try buying seconds for a while, but I'm a pretty nitpicky guy as it is, so the risk that I'll want to sent them back is pretty high if I can't see them in advance. I suppose something as heavily brogued as the Strand would have been a decent option, though, since it can hide imperfections a bit more than a cleaner looking shoe... Oh well, one day