Thread: one month, one watch* challenge

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDub View Post
    Gen1 doesn't have GPS.
    Ah, thanks. I maybe remember that from the last time I had this bright idea.

I used to have one of those big old Garmin wrist computers, back when GPS devices were pretty new. These days, I'm kind of hooked on having the GPS for running and biking, even timing my splits and stuff. Of course, I need the music, so it looks like phone in the pocket for the time being.

For December, I don't have a suitable candidate watch. If I get my new field watch, that could be it.

In this version of the watch fast, are you allowed to change straps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I think part of what the biometrics stuff entails is sleep tracking so I imagine a lot of people want to wear the Apple Watch at night for that tracking feature.

Personally I do wear a regular watch at night but that’s mostly out of habit as I do also have a nightstand clock.
    Hmm. I guess so. I always found sleep tracking creepy and never do it.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1455 Post(s)
    I'm settled on one watch - more or less - for December. Garmin for physical activities, and the Sub for everything else. Bring on the challenge!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I'm settled on one watch - more or less - for December. Garmin for physical activities, and the Sub for everything else. Bring on the challenge!
    Two watches is pretty easy, and I almost do it anyway: Casio G Shock (DW5600 in white) for sports and sleeping and a somewhat dressy steel "sports" watch on a bracelet (Seiko SARX043) for everything else.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    251 Post(s)
    I don't see why I would do this, but if I were to, my own choice would be easy. My Rado capt cook mk2. Casual enough to wear with jeans and a t, dressy enough to get away with it in a suit, 200m+ water resistance so weather isn't a concern. I'd just leave it in my locker at the gym.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDub View Post
    I use my watch in night stand mode as a table clock overnight while charging. Do people usually wear their watch when they sleep?
    I do - a digital watch that has a light and alarm.