Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cord Recommendations

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)

Cord Recommendations

I haven't worn corduroy pants in years. Think this is the year.

Any recommendations?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    509 Post(s)
    I have a pair of Bonobos cords and also a pair of Lucky Brand, both fit well and are decent quality.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    Go with 550 Para. The regular nylon may look similar, but it's nowhere near as strong, and far less resistant to abrasion. I like bright orange, because while it's not "tactical" at all, let's face it, if you need to use it, you probably want it to be visible.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)
    Spier&Mackay just dropped their 5 pocket cords recently (last week?). Early impressions on SF look very promising. They are very well priced. They also have the non 5-pocket, dressy version of cords if thats what you are after. I had gotten sick of waiting for S&M so I bought this season's cord from Ledbury. Very nice quality and construction but probably not worth twice the cost of S&M.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Go with 550 Para. The regular nylon may look similar, but it's nowhere near as strong, and far less resistant to abrasion. I like bright orange, because while it's not "tactical" at all, let's face it, if you need to use it, you probably want it to be visible.
    Depends on your usage. Para can stretch. Amsteel is a nice light weight, non stretch cord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    I have some from j crew last year and like them pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    LOL. My go bag has plenty of Para. Now I just need to keep the legs warm.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    If'n you don't want to spend too much I got a couple pair from Amazon Goothreads (reviewed on the main site earlier this fall) and they're pretty nice for the price. I can see advantages to starting cheaper to make sure cords are your thing, given that you haven't worn them in forever. I'm guessing the Flint and Tinder cords are really nice because the 365 pants they're based on are fantastic, but they are not cheap.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I'm also in the market for some cords. As I shop on the more budget end of the spectrum, the Jomers and Goodthreads offerings are on my radar. The cords were Goodthreads' Best In Show from the main site review of their fall lineup. Both of these are 5-pocket styles. S&M also has some in the ~$50 range.

That said, I already have a pair of 5-pocket cords from JCF from a few years back. They're fine, but I'd like a more polished chino-style version with slant pockets to wear to the office. LL Bean has some, but I think only in their classic fit, which is too "classic" for me. And I'm not paying $130 for S&M's Brisbane Moss version.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1455 Post(s)
    Good timing on this thread. I too after not wearing cords for YEARS am thinking about giving them a go. I'll likely wait for the Gap to have a sale and then pick up a set. I may see what Uniqlo has in terms of cords too.

I'd like to give the JC a go, but their brick and mortar shops have been closed in my part of the world, and the US/CDN exchange rate is brutal these days re: online purchasing.